Sign in to follow this  
Christopher

Customize your X100's leather wrap

Christopher

I came across this Japanese company that is selling custom leather wraps to replace the original black synthetic leather wrap on the X100's body. They even offer wood veneers! I'd say this is the ultimate way to 'pimp' your camera :o

Fujifilm FinePix X100 crocodile leather wrap001_08.jpg001_14.jpg001_16.jpg

It's a little over the top for me, but they do look pretty neat!

2ugkl6v.jpg

Check them all out: http://www.aki-asahi.com/store/html/X100/leather/X100LeatherKit.html. They're priced at ¥2,100, about $26 USD.

JoshWhite992

that flat camel one looks quite cool. hmm i'll wait for someone to buy one first haha.

Christopher

Ever wondered where all the X100's screws are hiding? Underneath the leather wrap!

They have a post on their blog showing their process of developing and testing their line of X100 leather wraps.

001.jpg

mattmaber

I really like this, but fear Id ruin my x100 in the process

michael

These look awful, cheap and nasty. I could understand only if you have damaged the original cover. It will reduce the resell price.

earlyadopter

Don't know about the resell price (doubt it became lower), but I like grey lizard leather on my Leica:

Leica M6 and Fuji X100

jerseyguy1

I have put new skin on my SPII and EPL2 from them in the past.Have had my x100 for one month and would order the kit except they have a warning about the warranty.Is this a fact or educated guess?

I believe it's just a guess, typically cosmetic modifications won't void your warranty, but Fujifilm may feel differently about it. It seems pretty safe to me, I don't think it requires opening up the camera or removing any screws as far as I can tell. The only part I'm not sure about is the EVF switch on the front.

WilzWorkz7

@Jersey....a fact..they have warned over their own website. Hard not to see why. Once you tear the sticker, the screws are visible. the next thing is that one would deduced that the unit has been tempered with.

I would think that this should be done after the warranty.

seaton carew

Fuji strongly recommend you to not alter the X100 in any way from Battery to cosmetic while under guarantee. They see it as unessaserly tampering.

mattmaber

Shame the hdmi/usb flap is of course plastic so will stay the same of you change the wrap

x100static

No way I would strip mine down. But it looks. So. Cool. naked! Well, maybe when my warranty goes...

ur2funky

I would love to order one (or two) of these cases!

001_08.jpg001_16.jpg

When I try to order, a pop-up window comes up, which I can't seem to get Google to translate. I'm lost!

Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance!

~Scott