FUJIFILM Wide Conversion Lens WCL-X100

9dap

WCL-X100 Fujifilm X100 wide conversion lens

Fujifilm is proud to announce the launch of the WCL-X100, a wide conversion lens designed specifically for the award-winning FUJIFILM X100. The lens attaches directly on to the camera and increases picture taking versatility by multiplying the fixed focal length by 0.8x, converting it from 23mm (35mm in 35mm equivalent) fixed focal length to a 19mm wide angle (28mm in 35mm equivalent)

WCL-X100 on Fujifilm.com - Fujifilm Press Release

X100 conversion lens

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, and a firmware update too! Again.. It`s good to know that Fujifilm still keeps an eye on the X100 more than a year after its release. Impressive.

a 50mm and maybe 80mm equivalent would be nice, I'm not quite sure how possible that is though.

also a WIDER 10-20mm equiv would be good =D

Not wide enough for me to be interested. :-/ I would have preferred somewhere around ~20-24 equiv to be happy. 28mm seems to close to 35mm to be worth it, with the added bulk. I'd love to see a 50mm equiv converter though.

I have UK news back

"No date as yet , but they say a release will be August (maybe)

Retail expected to be around £250"

Some of the announcements mention a June release date, which is much more reasonable. Why the heck announce this 3 months in advance?? Why release this as the summer is winding down?

http://www.benzinga.com/pressreleases/12/05/w2587118/fujifilm-announces-all-new-wide-conversion-lens-for-the-award-winning-f

Brilliant. A 35mm (50mm in other words) and manual video control and then I'd buy a second camera for full multimedia kit with audio recorder. That would be PERFECT!

It will attach to the lens using the existing accessory threads on the front of the lens, hidden behind the smooth decoration ring. If you've ever used a lens hood or lens filter on your X100, you've attached an adaptor ring before to these same threads.

as was said , a short tele would be useful

more useful imho making the x100 useful for portraits where its so so at the moment

50mm equiv please 35mm is already wide action 28 is a little wider the addition of a short tele would have increased the usefulness of the camera more

put another way...."35" is wide "28" is wider

"35" is wide 50 is "normal"

a sea change for x 100 portrait use

Archived