Sign in to follow this  
chaosboi

How to lock rear buttons x100

chaosboi

The rear buttons are too easy to accidentally press while in use. Is there a way to lock the back buttons so these aren't accidentally pressed?

If not, this might be a great suggestion to give to Fuji/

gafer

Well, if you press and hold the "Menu/OK" button after a few seconds you will see a padlock on screen. This will lock the jog-wheel,the functions associated with the wheel (Press up down etc.), and the RAW button but it will not lock anything else. A simple press of the "Menu/OK" button unlocks.

chaosboi

Doesn't appear to work when using the OVF and also doesn't lock the shutter speed when moving the dial :(

gafer

Chasoboi, that is correct - NOTHING short of a piece of tape is going to "lock" the shutter speed dial. I'm surprised if you're having difficulties keeping it in place. The detent on mine is fairly stiff.

chaosboi

gafer, sorry I wasn't so clear. It's the rear dial that I want to 'lock' as this also changes the shutter speed and occasionally my hand will knock it while shooting.

gafer

chaosboi. We're on the same page now. After fiddling with it now I'm not sure WHAT actually gets locked when you press and hold the "Menu/OK button. Time to dig into the manual and see what I can find.