Sign in to follow this  
boringuser

Cable release recommendations?

There's a not a big difference between most, but you'll want to look for one with a locking mechanism for longer exposures. Here's one for $10 on eBay marketed for the X100, but any mechanical cable release will work.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 cable release

If you shop around on eBay you can even find some neat vintage cable releases, or even really long ones, take a look. There's even a crazy 20 foot long air cable shutter release!

I've been thinking of buying one for my X100 too, I kind of like this cloth covered one B&H sells for $10. The reviews seem to say it's more flexible than plastic cable releases: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5846-REG/General_Brand_SR716_Cloth_Cable_Release_with.html

I have purchased two so far. The Gepe one fell apart; apparently I unscrewed the lock too far. The Kalt one does not seem to thread correctly, and is difficult to attach firmly. I don't do eBay and would like a quality one.

Revised 7/30/2011:

I went to a camera store (University Camera in Iowa City) with my camera and tried several models. Every one I tried threaded correctly. I ended up with a different Kalt model (Deluxe Pro Cable Release 20", NP11133).