LarsNielsen

Alternatives to NP-W126 battery for x-pro1

Hey Lars

In my experience you get what you pay for (as with everything in life). With Nikon batteries versus the Everyready equivalent the original Nikon batteries held more charge as the batteries got older (I number my batteries and cycle through them in the numbered order so get a fair idea of shots/charge) and of the three Everyready batteries I owned, two failed after about 14 months. One of those failures was during a trip so it was an issue.

Very small sample size there, but personally I would just buy the original. You've just spent at least £1800 on a camera and lens, why try to save a few pounds by buying cheap cards or batteries that have a higher probability of failure?

But plenty people do and are fine:-) Just make sure you have spares.

Sorry, I don't know about chargers, but personally I would just buy the manufacturers own.

Mike

I see your point @MikeJMcFarlane. However, when i had an X100 i bought 3 no-name batteries and they worked really well. Actually the lasted longer than the original battery.

But these no-name/un-originals is a jungle and not easy to pin out just the right ones. So i'm kind of hoping that someone in here has some hints to what to bouy and what not to...

;)Lars

I can highly recommend Patona Premium and ExPro White, based on capacity and discharging temperature measurements. Check out my full test at http://ultralightphotography.net/gear/fuji-cameras/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-np-w126-batteries/

As for chargers, I put together a summary of all the available options at http://ultralightphotography.net/gear/fuji-cameras/fujifilm-batteries-charging-usb-solar-powerbanks/

Hope it helps,

Jiri

I have several of the Watson brand I have purchased from B&H in the USA (I'm in Canada).

I have used the Watson batteries on my XT1's and now my current XT2's and my recently purchased used X-Pro1.  They have been a great, low cost option.