Sign in to follow this  
GSandiford

35mm lenses experiences and opinions pls

GSandiford

I've just bought an X-Pro1 and received a Kipon F mount adaptor and I must say I'm loving the camera so far and looking forward to using it in earnest. I debated for a while over which to choose - the X-Pro or the the OM-D and went for the ridiculous IQ and high ISO of the X-Pro over the price difference and my m4/3 gear (gonna miss my Voigtlander Nokton 25mm 0.95).

My plan, at least initially, is to use my F-mount Zeiss Distagon 35mm F2.0 instead of forking out for the gorgeous Fujinon XF 35mm F1.4. However I've been looking at future options and would welcome thoughts on 35mm lenses for use/adaptation with the X-Pro. So far I've looked at the following;

Obviously the XF 35mm F1.4

My Zeiss 35mm F2 as used with my DSLR

Possibly the Contax G version of the above

Voigtlander 35mm F1.4

Voigtlander 35mm 1.2 (much further in the future due to the price...)

Voigtlander 40mm F1.4

I also saw some food for thought on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/xy9z/sets/72157629558651606/

fartsy

According to Master Ken Rockwell: "DO NOT USE ANY OTHER LENSES, ESPECIALLY LEICA, IN THE RANGE FROM 18mm ~ 60mm. You can't get better than Fuji's lenses...": http://kenrockwell.com/fuji/x-pro1.htm

35mm is amazing. Really. I did a comparison between my Canon 24-70L, 28mm 1.8, 50mm 1.4 and 35mm is better than all of them

GSandiford

Thanks for the advice guys, I gonna have to start saving I think.

The IQ & colours look great, plus it's obviously smaller and can use autofocus. Although, I tried one in a shop before my adaptor came and I must say I did not like the manual mode of the lens - I guess something I'd get used too...