Sign in to follow this  
luis

my first photos with my fuji x100

luis

After this trial, I was amazed how much effort Fuji put over this camera.

Every time I shoot, people ask me how in the world am shooting with am old camera.

Am enjoying .

Beautiful work Luis! That first photo of Angela is wonderful. Did you convert to B&W in post processing, or did you use a film simulation mode in the camera?

Here's your portrait from the day you picked up your X100, straight off my camera.

jkc7zm.jpg

luis

well to answers your first question !! yes I did just make b$w , but i din't change any levels in lightroom . ,, I was very happy how the camera get the image ,,

leitztozeiss

First outing with the X100. So far, I love it! Having owned the Leica X1 w/ latest firmware, the X100, IMO, is a major leap foward in operation, feel and at least a match for IQ. Below were shot this evening at f/2:

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

seaton carew

Luis.

Very nice B/W images indeed. I agree this camera never ceases to delight with its handling of shots over the whole range.

luis

photos taken with my fuji x100 ,,, I got say 6400 iso works worderfull in the dark ,,,

Welcome to the community @winestem!

I love the puppy photo, I'm a sucker for dogs. I also like your X100 self portrait, it's a requisite shot for all X100 owners :)

Did you just receive your camera?

luis

I love your self portrait !!! very classic pics, even looks like you are holding a leica in your hands ,,, I love my x100. looks good

seaton carew

Sitting in Bournemouth Town with X100 on Knee just random shooting.

Unedited other than a small crop.

X100 May 2011,

X100 may 2011.

winestem

Dear Christopher: I just received it last Friday from Samy's Camera in Santa Barbara, CA. I was one of the first people on their waitlist, and probably could have had the camera a day earlier but my wife intercepted the call and thought it was about a camera repair, not the legendary X100! I'm having a ball with it. I tried to short-circuit the lens hood situation by going the Ebay route to DIY, but found that the adapters don't fit the lens. Rather than break something, I'm just going to get in line for a Fuji hood. I've got more batteries on order, as well as a Gordy's strap!

I like your street work Seaton, particularly the one with the patio tables. I've been trying to get some practice with street photography the past few days, I still feel I'm terrible at it. What's your favorite method, staying in one place and waiting for people to enter your frame, or shooting while on the move?

@winestem Which Gordy strap options did you go for?

seaton carew

For me it depends where i am if I'm on the move and opportunity arises i will shoot but find standing still against a lamp-post in a doorway or against a shop window will do mostly shoot from the hip can be hit and miss keeping the camera level is important, you soon find it easy and no awkward glances. after setting camera on AE at 4/5.6 at 400iso suits me for most occasions. pick narrow streets if possable or crowded places.

The X100 lends itself perfectly for street shooting its silent (if set) and unobtrusive, no worries have a go its good fun with the occasional surprise shot.

TMax66

this is one of many shots i took yesterday ...my first day with X100 !!!!!!!!!

5750863463_785f266fa4_z.jpg

Christopher

Congrats @TMax66! I love the self-portrait, I see you've already placed it in our Flickr group :)

What do you think of the camera after day one?

TMax66

it takes some time to learn it, it is not a point and shot camera

it needs to use the brain!!!

:-)))

I love it!