August 2011 X100 Photo Challenge

Christopher

I am very new to photography, but loving this camera! Here is my submission, taken in my backyard today. Many cicadas have molted in the last day or two, and I always find their discarded skins weirdly fascinating :) F5.6 1/42 ISO200

DSCF0421

(edited to link to Flickr)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally pulled some photos off of my card, I've only been through one discharge of the battery and I'm already equally smitten and frustrated with this camera! The frustration is just the learning curve of the UI and the quirks we all know about. That being said it's completely tolerable, especially when you consider the shots you can get on this wonderful little machine!

Octopus' garden

I'm a little bit miffed that her hand is being blocked by the flower in the foreground, but it's a fairly minor detail.

Disc Golf

There's bokeh on this photo, but I find that it's a bit harsher than with other photos. Is this a result of the large distance between the subject the background, the mild over-exposure, post-processing (Silver Efex Pro), or some combination therein?

I am on a flight with wifi right now so I figured I could take the time to participate in challenge. :) I probably won't manage to take a shot specifically for this before the challenge is over so here is an existing shot of mine that kind of fits the bill.

If I remember correctly I processed this one from RAW in Aperture. 1/150, f/2, ISO200

DSCF1474

We had been invited by friends from Germany the weekend before the last. We drove around in the Ruhrpott and I had my first weekend trying the new toy :-)

Actually the fact that astonished me the most was that we four persons (two not to small males) fit in his "Knutschkugel" (Fiat 500). Pic was taken driving around.

DSCF0286_2.JPG

I am on a flight with wifi right now so I figured I could take the time to participate in challenge.

:)

I probably won't manage to take a shot specifically for this before the challenge is over so here is an existing shot of mine that kind of fits the bill.

If I remember correctly I processed this one from RAW in Aperture. 1/150, f/2, ISO200

DSCF1474

nice reflection from mirror.

First time posting here. Let's hope this works.

I grabbed this image while I was walking down Bourbon street in New Orleans. f/2 @ 1/340 and ISO 200. This was taken in macro mode and manual focus. I just got my X100 a little over a week ago and this is my first trip with the camera. Still lots to learn about this awesome camera.

Walking-along-Bourbon-Street-L.jpg

I allow myself to upload another picture. I shot this today of my dad. Adjusted the colors a bit in Lightroom and scaled it down. I think it says a lot about, how the X100 works on people. They are not scared, but very relaxed in front of the compact camera. Here is the camera's beautiful bokeh displayed quite clearly. :) Love this little thing.

My Father

ISO: 640, f/2,0, 1/125 sec, exposure compensation: +1

So many absolutely lovely photos here!! What a showcase of what this little camera can do, but even more so a showcase of some really talented photographers using a nice camera to show what THEY can do. It really inspires me to push myself to look at the world differently through my camera lens, and really be creative. Good stuff! =D>

Archived