August 2011 X100 Photo Challenge

Christopher

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first post here, so hello everyone.

I got my X100 last Friday and have had two good days out shooting with it. In between I've been snapping photos around the house, to get used to it's operation and getting a general feel for it.

The cat has been a good subject for me and here's a photo of him I think meets the criteria of the comp.

Mr Cat Face

Matti-X100-Contest

1/125 - F2.0 - ISO2000

Sunday morning with my girlfriend. A beautiful light was coming from the window and I couldn't resist picking up my X100. I used Adobe Lightroom for the tones and de-saturated the sheet of my bed from it's original blue color. I am once again amazed by the X100's high iso performance.

Well that's a hard act to follow but here goes.

RM_X100_-1.jpg

1/125 F2.0 ISO800

I did some tonal editing in Lightroom and that's about it. (Export from RAW)

(please enlarge to get the best view)

bike wheel

My first real post, I am so enjoying the X100. I was on a bike ride at dusk, stopped on a dirt road and laid my bike against an old farm fence. I love the play of light and the contrast of the mechanical against the backdrop of the old farm land. ISO200, F3.6, 1/180 (no editing)

I've only had the X100 a few days so haven't shot with it much. This was the first shot I've taken where the camera's results truly wowed me. It coped with this tough scene really well and didn't blow highlights like many cameras do. The ND filter helped soften the water a bit I think and I loved how it captured the greenery. I'm pretty sure the talent here is all from the X100, not from me!

Osaka Gardens, Chicago, IL

1/250, f/4.5 ISO 400

Capturing a moving object with slow shutter speed is my passion now i can in daylight with ND filter on thank to fuji x100, i took this on iso 200 F 16 S 1/4 ND filter ON

bus

Archived