Sign in to follow this  
stockae92

Anybody tried the Canon wide angle converter lens with 52mm thread (WC-DC52) on Fuji X10?

stockae92

Anybody tried the Canon wide angle converter lens with 52mm thread (WC-DC52) on Fuji X10?

It has a 0.7 magnification and a 52mm thread.

I wonder if its going to work at all?

franco

Yup, its fine...Centre def is good, edges a little soft, and remember to set frame size to 1:1 to reduce vignetting. Its not bad.

Predictably, the 1:6 tele version is superb. Both are great value options if you require a little more range either way.

franco

I have no X10 examples to hand right now, but I took this on the XF18mm (with wide adapter) on my X-Pro 1. I have added the vignetting in Picasa here, so its not a perfect example, just an optical comparison.

DSCF2583

dmadson

Hi, Franco!

Just got here...just bought the X10 a couple weeks ago. Regarding the add-on tele unit...what adaptors are necessary for the 1.6x unit? I haven't tried a re-fit on a P&S camera, but am intrigued after seeing your concert shots...

Regards!

Don

FinePixCamera

Hi, Franco!

Just got here...just bought the X10 a couple weeks ago. Regarding the add-on tele unit...what adaptors are necessary for the 1.6x unit? I haven't tried a re-fit on a P&S camera, but am intrigued after seeing your concert shots...

Regards!

Don

Welcome new member!

franco

@dmadson - Greetings Don, welcome to the forum.

Both Canon DC52 converters (wide and tele versions) fit straight on to the hood adapter. Its a standard 52mm thread.

As far as the adapters/hoods are concerned, Fuji make a grossly overpriced one but there are a TON of third party versions on Ebay and Amazon for around the $10/£15 mark. You should get one anyway, for glare and extra protection.

As far as I can tell, these tele converters are plentiful, having been made originally for a long discontinued Canon digi compact - hence the low cost. The quality, especially the 1.6, is superb but there are caveats.

Select the frame size to 1:1 and only use at MAXIMUM zoom or you will get vignetting. Be warned that this must be a two handed operation, as there will be strain on the lens which is not designed for an adapter of this kind.

Good Luck and welcome again. You have a terrific camera, as if you didnt know that already. :-)

Totolemoto

Hi everybody!

I'm looking for a solution to pimp my x20.

i will begin a world trip by motorcycle and this camera, wich I own from 2013, is perfect for sensor, lenses, ease of use and all the stuff. 28/112 mm is ok but not enough and I would pimp it by converters. I found you finally :-) and I wpuld ask you some questions about the teleconverter. I found for a good price a Canon tc-dc 52 2.4x and I would buy it.

But you say that 1.6x is perfect. Do you think I could have problems with 2.4X?

Thank you in advance for your response

Totò

franco

Hey @Totolemoto - I cant say for sure, I haven't tried it. But the 1.6 is about as much weight as I would want to add to that lens barrel.

I'm sure the quality is good. But that would make my X10 really front heavy and Im not sure I would risk it.

Good luck if you go down this route. Cheers!