X100s

trarmstrong

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there not an administrator of this site who can remove the people who seem to ruin almost every thread by being argumentative. It's getting very tedious now coming across the same people constantly pissing everyone off. Think I may and find another forum.

Totally agree. Having an opinion is fine and expressing it also, but as with much on these forums across any subject matter you wish to name there appear to be posters whose sole aim is to wind people up. You know who you are. Please go away. Thanks.

I guess I just dont understand how pretending to have a rangefinder invigorates anything.

I'm not 'pretending' to have anything. I have an X10. I love it to bits. It has reinvigorated my photography. Please prove it hasn't or shut up?? Also, regardless of weather it is an RF in your opinion, if I chose to refer to it as RF that is my business alone. I do not have to subscribe to your limited definitions nor indeed those of anybody else when choosing how to identify my kit. OK? Thanks. Bye....

Is there not an administrator of this site who can remove the people who seem to ruin almost every thread by being argumentative. It's getting very tedious now coming across the same people constantly pissing everyone off. Think I may and find another forum.

Totally agree. Having an opinion is fine and expressing it also, but as with much on these forums across any subject matter you wish to name there appear to be posters whose sole aim is to wind people up. You know who you are. Please go away. Thanks.

I guess I just dont understand how pretending to have a rangefinder invigorates anything.

I'm not 'pretending' to have anything. I have an X10. I love it to bits. It has reinvigorated my photography. Please prove it hasn't or shut up?? Also, regardless of weather it is an RF in your opinion, if I chose to refer to it as RF that is my business alone. I do not have to subscribe to your limited definitions nor indeed those of anybody else when choosing how to identify my kit. OK? Thanks. Bye....

Right, because only *I* define a rangefinder camera as camera that has a rangefinder focusing method.

Understood.

Right, because only *I* define a rangefinder camera as camera that has a rangefinder focusing method.

Understood.

a hoover is a vacuum cleaner, sellotape is sticky tape, post-its are sticky notes, velcro is well velcro (the other names are so torturous) fair enough their specifically brand names, but the idea is the same and im sure theres many more examples.

I think at this point theres so few actually digital RF and so many "RF style" cams out or probably coming out that its a pedantic dam its just not worth futilely plugging. Embrace it.

Oh and I have just purchased the XE1 !

There is a face book page (not available in China) that was x100 they changed it to x100 x10 for ten mins then X cameras or something.

Ok then Fine pix you must love Fuji but are something of an expert on the faults of these cameras. I suppose I walked into your last one liner.

Can only comment on the X10 viewfinder. I like it. Showing only 85% it compensates for windy conditions, my inadvertant body movement, moving subjects, and my shaky hands due to advancing age...lol.

Means I mostly get what I see in the view finder. If it showed 100%, am sure I would end up with edges of some sort missing from an awful lot of pictures. I think Fuji and most other manufacturers know what they are doing re viewfinders. Practicality is the name of the game!!.

Can only comment on the X10 viewfinder. I like it. Showing only 85% it compensates for windy conditions, my inadvertant body movement, moving subjects, and my shaky hands due to advancing age...lol.

Means I mostly get what I see in the view finder. If it showed 100%, am sure I would end up with edges of some sort missing from an awful lot of pictures. I think Fuji and most other manufacturers know what they are doing re viewfinders. Practicality is the name of the game!!.

A truly awesome display in apologia. Absolutely outstanding! First rate!

Very well done.

Understood.

a hoover is a vacuum cleaner, sellotape is sticky tape, post-its are sticky notes, velcro is well velcro (the other names are so torturous) fair enough their specifically brand names, but the idea is the same and im sure theres many more examples.

I think at this point theres so few actually digital RF and so many "RF style" cams out or probably coming out that its a pedantic dam its just not worth futilely plugging. Embrace it.

A more accurate comparison would be someone calling their car a turbo when it in fact does not have a turbo charger. Or calling it an automatic when it has a manual gear box.

That would be more like calling an X10 or X100 a rangefinder.

I have NO problems at all with using the words rangefinder style, because those words are ACCURATE.

@FinePixCamera the subtly between RF & RF style is lost on most people, that between Turbo or lack of turbo in a car is not.

Im as keen as you on pedantics, but i just think this is a wasted battle.

Understood.

No, but only you on this particular thread appear so un-necessarily pedantic as to raise the issue of terminology in respect of what does or does not constitute a particular type of camera. The main body of this thread appears to be a well-considered discussion about the merits of the X100 in particular and the X-series in general. You further chose to raise the issue of terminology as a 'put down' to belittle a comment I had posted about the satisfaction I gain from owning and using my camera, an X10. The merits of any camera or indeed any object are, in my opinion, purely subjective and it is a shame that you appear to prefer the cul-de-sac of semantics rather than embrace the more pleasurable discussion of usage and creativity. But that is you loss. I'm happy with my X10!

The cameras have a rangefinder style but they are not rangefinders as we seem to have cleared up. But they are also not Single lens reflexes either. But with the electronic view finder you can even see in black and white and sepia tone (and this is what you will get in the final photo). These cameras are not classified four thirds . I don't think. So what should they be called? Traditionally styled digital, range finder look a like Leica wanabe's?

it is a shame that you appear to prefer the cul-de-sac of semantics rather than embrace the more pleasurable discussion of usage and creativity. But that is you loss. I'm happy with my X10!

Nonsense. Total nonsense. Pure fiction. I prefer accuracy and nothing less.

I am happy that YOU are happy with YOUR X10. I am likewise happy with mine.

I believe that some of the accepted terms for these kinds of cameras(X series/NEX) are Electronic Viewfinder Interchangable Lens(EVIL) or Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera (MILC).

There are times when the correct terminology is critical to having proper understanding of a concept and helps to clear up confusion, and other times, we all really know what we are talking about, even though the proper terms are not being used.

It is up to us to decide if it is worth the potential "fight" when correcting the possible incorrect terminology or if it is best to not derail the original intent of the thread and push forward.

I agree with Finepix, I can't understand how a camera can invigorate anything.

LOLLLL

Looks like you missed or don't understand the word pretending.

it is a shame that you appear to prefer the cul-de-sac of semantics rather than embrace the more pleasurable discussion of usage and creativity. But that is you loss. I'm happy with my X10!

Im afraid its true: rather than sticking with the meat of the discussion you decided to nit-pick terminology.

Can we not just agree that we all understand they're RF STYLE?

Im afraid its true: rather than sticking with the meat of the discussion you decided to nit-pick terminology.

Can we not just agree that we all understand they're RF STYLE?

Did I not already write, "I have NO problems at all with using the words rangefinder style, because those words are ACCURATE."

Did you not see these words above?

Archived