Fujifilm X100S Announcement & Hands On Video

Christopher

Yes I also like and do take portraits and like the shallow depth of field and blurred back grounds from 1.4.

But a few days ago I could not even find focus on my son's pet gunie pig.

I had it on macro as well.

I had to dig out the X10 that took the shot in a matter of seconds.

Fuji would have had the new system for the 'worlds fastest auto focus' when I purchased the XE1 but of course I did not know.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice really nice! :) I like that Fuji didn't change the appearance and made some great improvements..... I have things like most of them do.... new model change the controls and buttons....

Haven't heard anyone talk about the Video mode changes. It looks like it's not shooting native 24FPS any more. That for me would be a deal-breaker. It should be 60/24, not 60/30.

@Whingingpom - [ camera value (based on insured value, not declared) + shipping cost + insurance cost ] + duty [ on cameras, not sure maybe 5-10%? ] + VAT 20% + processing/admin cost + credit card surcharge = Total import costs. I love Britain :))

This is not about loving Britain or your politics.

Just that buying a camera in Britain is far more expensive than Asia or the USA.

But if the British members of this camera forum do not mind then it is ok then .

Em, if you live in beloved UK, then you pay VAT and related expenses and retail prices so the camera shops bricks or online can put food on the table. If you have a problem with that maybe you should buy from abroad? (and pay import duties + VAT + surcharges) or maybe even move permanently to Asia or the US. Just say'in.. O:-)

I moved to Australia cos I did not like the British weather among other things including Vat.

Now I have lived in Cambodia two and half years and am happy I paid $1,250 for an XE-1 with 35mm lens with out putting money in the VAT coffers of Great Britain.

I would go back to the UK for for the scenery but not to buy a camera and I hope that does not sound anti British.

VAT will come to America soon enough. Regardless. I'll probably wait till September/October to purchase this camera, as it seems (oddly enough) that I do more shooting during the fall-winter season compared to the spring/summer. Something about taking pictures during the Christmas and Autumn seasons.

shit, im old lol. so 808 x 1.2 = £969.60

SO no more silly talk of rip-off britain please, the US price excludes state taxes as they vary by state.

And in back to rip off Britain, remember $1,299 = £1,299 - or at least it seems to with mosts thing nowadays lol

I said Britain was rip off and got a load of pissed off Brits denying this.

Yes its really true when it comes to cameras there is dollar pound parity.

But when you cash in your dollars after a trip abroad they give you pennies and whack you with a big bank charge . Then they add Vat. And tax you as well.

Archived