Fujifilm X100S Announcement & Hands On Video

Christopher

It looks great . . but I am keeping my X 100 . . . I got it second hand for $650 dollars and after the latest upgrade it is a DSLR giant killer.

My D700 has not fired a shot for months.

If there is a big revamp of the X Pro 1 I might think about it, but really why.

I get full raw support though Aperture 3 so Im a happy camper

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh I'm drooling. I've definitely have the rangefinder bug for a while now, and I really want to get one with my D700 fund... But, the professional applications (or lack thereof) are holding me back. Still, can't wait for these to hit the market.

It looks great . . but I am keeping my X 100 . . . I got it second hand for $650 dollars and after the latest upgrade it is a DSLR giant killer.

My D700 has not fired a shot for months.

If there is a big revamp of the X Pro 1 I might think about it, but really why.

I get full raw support though Aperture 3 so Im a happy camper

Aperture users are getting screwed over by FUJIFILM big time.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't even hear the x100s' shutter. Does the lens adapter have anything to do with the noise cancellation? or did they make it quieter. I don't want a completely soundless shutter but that's nice if you want to be super stealthy.

I couldn't even hear the x100s' shutter. Does the lens adapter have anything to do with the noise cancellation? or did they make it quieter. I don't want a completely soundless shutter but that's nice if you want to be super stealthy.

I believe you can switch the beeps on and off.

The X100/s have leaf shutters in the lens which are much quieter than focal plane shutters which are fitted to most cameras these days (but all cameras used to have quiet leaf shutters). I think the demonstration shows the new X100s to be even more silent - only because it has the WA adapter fitted in front of the lens (and the shutter) - basically just another layer of glass or two (like double glazing), and it acts as soundproofing to a small degree.

Vic

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at the design of the OVF, it does appear different on the X100S, you can see the opening is larger. Optically it's probably the same, but clearly it has been revised. Hopefully these improvements will negate the dust issue.

I received the X100S last week and after loving the X100 for the last two years, am honestly blown away. The new focus system is bang on - Image Samples of Olympic Kayakers and full review here

I received the X100S last week and after loving the X100 for the last two years, am honestly blown away. The new focus system is bang on - Image Samples of Olympic Kayakers and full review

here

Superb night shots of Sydney. How did you expose for these?

Archived