Sign in to follow this  
davidandersonphotog

X100s release date

K1W1

Where are the well priced Fujis?

You can get a X-E1 with 18-55 for under Aus$1100 from HK but I haven't seen them under about $1450 here from any non grey market dealer.

BTW DCW still had stocks of the black X100 about two weeks ago. They are not discontinued as such. They were only a limited production run of 10,000 world wide. From memory Australia got something like 600 and it has taken them ages to clear the stock. I don't think they were the success Fuji were hoping for.

pominpocket

Try Ted's Camera's very reasonable all the more so when you factor in the fact the Aussia dollar is stronger then the green back.

But no actually not true. I would buy on the grey market in Australia . The postal system is excellent .

NYCGooner

So Fuji man Theo said on Camera Diner today that the X100s is enroute to their suppliers and should be available to preorders in about 10 days time... fingers crossed!

K1W1

Try Ted's Camera's very reasonable all the more so when you factor in the fact the Aussia dollar is stronger then the green back.

Teds is one of the most expensive camera chains in the country. No serious photographer buys there. They are located in Malls and similar places and sell to people who have no idea. I have regularly heard sales people in Teds telling customers one camera is better than the other because one has more megapixels.

veejaycee

Teds is one of the most expensive camera chains in the country. No serious photographer buys there. They are located in Malls and similar places and sell to people who have no idea. I have regularly heard sales people in Teds telling customers one camera is better than the other because one has more megapixels.

That sounds rather like most of the Jessops stores that just went under in the UK.

pominpocket

Read my next line 'no actually not true' When in Australia I buy from Hong Kong on what they call the grey market.

I agree Teds cameras are very expensive and not at all helpful .

pominpocket

Teds is worse that Jessops. At least in Jessops you could hunt around for a deal .

NYCGooner

Any news on the US release front? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

seagrove01

Just checked on the B&H site where I did my preorder. It now shows a 22 March availability date instead of 27 March. Can't wait to get this camera and head off in a new photo direction for me!!!

K1W1

Showing in Australia as late March delivery at Aus$1262.00 (US$1288.00 approx)

Lookis like the X20 and X100s will both arrive at the same time.

Effstop

I wonder if the black version will be released at the same time as the silver? Hope so, would hate to have to wait for Fuji to release a "limited edition" to get my hands on one that can match the black accessories (e.g. WCL, lens hood, filter adapter) I already have for my X100 black

pominpocket

I have x10, X-E1 , Nikon d7000 so why do I want or need a 100S ?

K1W1

I wonder if the black version will be released at the same time as the silver?

I would give that about a -1% chance of happening.

When the X-E1 was launched Fuji showed black and silver.

When the X20 was launched Fuji showed black and silver.

So far on silver X100s photos have appeared on any Fuji info that has been released.

I'm picking that there will be another special edition at some stage. Maybe the fact that dealers are still sitting on stocks of the last special edition has caused Fuji to not release a black X100s in the hope that the dealers will still clear the stock they have?

Effstop

I wonder if the black version will be released at the same time as the silver?

I would give that about a -1% chance of happening.

When the X-E1 was launched Fuji showed black and silver.

When the X20 was launched Fuji showed black and silver.

So far on silver X100s photos have appeared on any Fuji info that has been released.

I'm picking that there will be another special edition at some stage. Maybe the fact that dealers are still sitting on stocks of the last special edition has caused Fuji to not release a black X100s in the hope that the dealers will still clear the stock they have?

I fear you may be correct, although I can't see why they can't release in both colour schemes like they have for the X20 - damn marketers! Oh well, patience is a virtue they say....

StepOutOnFaith

Got mine yesterday @ Electric Avenue in Miami!!! Early review....Awesome!!!!

RainyDayInterns

What better way to protect the Fujifilm X100S than with a handmade case by JnK? We ordered ours made with leather in Rally Tan, has a removable cover for the back, and tripod mount on the bottom.

Here is our second article on accessories for the X100S:

http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2013/Home/April/Week2/RDMHomeApr0813.htm#FujifilmX100s_Accessories_JnKHandwork

The quality, fit, and finish of the JnK case is amazing. It is the perfect complement to the camera.

RainyDayInterns

Here are a few pics of our recent experiences with the X100S in Macro Mode:

http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2013/Home/June/Week3/RDMHomeJun2113.htm#FujifilmX100s_MacroMode

Click on any of the images for a larger version.

We were particularly impressed with some of the insect shots we were able to pull off. Our next project will be to see if we can get some trickier shots...bees in flight and such.

photogirl

What better way to protect the Fujifilm X100S than with a handmade case by JnK? We ordered ours made with leather in Rally Tan, has a removable cover for the back, and tripod mount on the bottom.

Here is our second article on accessories for the X100S:

http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2013/Home/April/Week2/RDMHomeApr0813.htm#FujifilmX100s_Accessories_JnKHandwork

The quality, fit, and finish of the JnK case is amazing. It is the perfect complement to the camera.

How much does the case retail for? And is there additional cost for importing it here?

Thanks Viv

:-)