Sign in to follow this  
MikeeNu

The x100 and I

MikeeNu

Let's just say, the relationship is complicated, but much appreciated. For full thoughts and the rest of the images, visit my blog

x100_2.jpg

x100_3.jpg

x100_4.jpg

x100_5.jpg

x100_6.jpg

x100_8.jpg

x100_9.jpg

Love the self portraits, I haven't been able to get any good ones myself. Your review sums up my sentiments pretty well too.

I do have a recommendation though for your macro focus switching issues. If you use the camera in manual focus mode, you can utilize the AFL/AEL button to auto-focus, and it will focus into the close range of 'macro' mode without the need to actually turn on macro mode. The only downside is auto-focus won't give you any green confirmation box of focus.

MikeeNu

omg, great tip! Thanks! Do you think this is something that could be updated in a firmware update? Seems rather silly that you can achieve close focus without switching to macro in manual focus mode.

It would be nice if they would disable it entirely, or make it optional. I think the whole reason they've added it is because the OVF becomes useless from parallax error after a certain distance, and switching to macro mode forces you to use the EVF. Frustrating...

taylor

Pretty jellyfish!

I was browsing through your portfolio, really beautiful fashion photography Mikee! The X100 should be a perfect fit for you.