nicolet318

Help! I can't see recent photos on my memory card!

nicolet318

i took photos over 2 days and used a memory card reader to put the photos on my computer (then onto a flash drive). (i don't have the fujix10 software with me as i am traveling). before i took photos on the 3rd day, i set the frame number to "renew" instead of "continuous". when i went to see the photos after the 3rd day, they were not visible on the computer. they ARE visible when i put the memory card back into the camera. also, i can still see the photos from days one and two. i thought maybe since i set the frame numbering to "renew", this messed it up. i thought it would just create a second file with the 3rd day's timestamp... someone please help!!! thanks in advance!

WetCoastRacer

No idea what the difficulty is Nicolet, but if I were you I would purchase a new card and use that until you're certain you've found a way to save the ones on the one in your camera.

I've only ever saved my images on the home PC, using the 'MyFinePix' program installed there from the disc that came with the X10.

But you sure as hell don't want to push any buttons that might delete your photos!

Is the car you have full, or are you needing to upload images from where you're at?

Best of luck anyways! Paul

K1W1

First of all don't use the SD card any more just in case until the problem is resolved. Buy a new one if you have to.

Do you use a PC or Mac?

You need to be a little more clear about what the problem is. When you say "when i went to see the photos after the 3rd day, they were not visible on the computer" what exactly do you mean.

I interpret that as you have put the SD card into a card reader or slot on the computer and you are looking at the card using the computers explorer or finder interface and you cxan't see the pictures on the card.

When you put the card into the computer can you see the card has been mounted?

Assuming the card is visible have you looked at all the directories on the card? I suspect but don't know that resetting the counter may have caused the camera to create a new directory in which case it may be that you are looking in the wrong place and that there really is not a problem.

Now take a deep breath, calm down and write a clear description of what computer you have what OS it has and what EXACTLY you are doing to try to see the contents of the card. Once you detail this it may be very straight forward for people to help.

nicolet318

Thank you all for your comments! To answer questions: I am now using a new memory card. And yes, I put the card into a reader and I cant see them in the folder for the drive (but i can see the photos from day one and two). I am using a PC (not by choice!) and literally just plugging the reader into the USB drive to see the folders for the photos.

nicolet318

not too good. i am usually on a mac. i think it's windows 7. also of note, i just realized: i took 2 photos at the end of day 3 when i got back to my hotel room, and lo and behold, only those show up.

nicolet318

ok, i'm so sorry everyone. it appears i didn't change the date/time on my camera when i crossed the dateline. i can't believe it took me 24 hours to figure this out. thank you SO much for all of your help, everyone!

Jan Balaz

Hello,

I have a little same problem. I can´t see my photos in camera and my pc but when I put SD card to reader I see uknowns files (8GB) with date 1.1.1980 time 00:00:00. Can you someone help me? Thanks. My camera is x100

2.jpg

veejaycee

Put your card into PC and Right click on the card to check properties (bottom of the drop down) & see how much space is used compared to card size.