Sign in to follow this  
alohashirt

X100 isn't for landscapes? Au contraire!

jdi

Thank goodness you didn't listen to Rockwell - while he may have some good stuff in his writing it seems to be buried in deep search key word phrasing, superlatives, and click through links. You read one Rockwell review and it starts to sound like something else you just read. But I thought that the was the "best ever landscape camera." Might be better to ignore him and just get out and spend the time shooting :)

I'm looking forward to trying out the X100s this summer backpacking (if mine ever arrives)!

robthebruce

I find the x100 perfect for landscapes - both low light and in broad daylight. The ones at this flikr address were taken with a 'sticker aperture blade problem' by using the camera in manual and over-riding the problem it caused me. See the link here.

targa88

Nice shots original poster and Kaiser. I use an X-Pro1 not an X100 but it is fantastic for landscapes. The X100's field of view is pretty decent for landscapes. If you need a wider field of view, you can just stitch a few shots together and you have a bit of room to move for cropping.

Just buy a couple of screw ND filters, a three stop and 2 x 6 stop for very long exposures and perhaps something like the LEE Seven5 grad kit and away you go.

The usual applies that any camera just about can make great images but all of the Fuji X cameras can turn out fantastic landscape images.

I have been loving the Fuji for landscapes:

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/9253227@N02/sets/72157632628722939/

Great pix..

robthebruce

I've added some more landscapes from my last trip to Tasmania here.

Quoddy

Here's my first photo on my first venture out with my dog and the X100s. I think it's going to do just fine in the landscape department. (3x2 format / LightRoom4 B&W Look 1)

Image_zps2e96e140.jpg

Owtafocus

OP, Did you actually take your idiot friend's comments to be real? Any camera will make a good landscape image if the photographer knows how to.

jimk22

While I don't consider myself nearly as skilled with the camera as I would like, I will say the two shots I've taken in 20 years that I'm most proud of were with the X100. Here's the most recent.

Great River Bluff Sunset

roryp

It's usually best not to take Rockwell too seriously, the X100 is fab camera for landscapes.

8086963242_ff381f1a80_z.jpg

7748333996_4d18d2168d_z.jpg

K1W1_Mk2

I love the second one!

Thanks that was about 7 am one winter morning on the way to work. My version of the supermoon shots that were all over the Internet a the time. :D