Sign in to follow this  
Mekeni

Road Trip with the Fuji X20

Mekeni

Went on a recent spring break trip with my family and below are some of the photos I shot using the Fuji x20. It was a nice break not to lug around my Nikon D7000 & 28-300 for a change. Indeed, based from the images I got, it maybe time to sell my gear and buy its big brother, the X100s. (All images are Fine-Med sized Jpegs, Astia Film Simulation, Program AE unless otherwise noted, Auto DR, NR 0 & Sharpened in LR)

Tourists (f9.0, 1/1000s, Auto ISO-100, -1EV)
DSCF0289-X3.jpg
The Grand Canyon (Panoramic mode, f11.0, 1/450s, -1EV, Curve & Gradient Filter adjusted in LR, Auto ISO-100)
DSCF0487-X3.jpg
Historic Route 66 in Seligman, AZ (f7.0, 1/800s, Auto ISO-100)
DSCF0570-X3.jpg
Historic Route 66 in Seligman, AZ (f7.1, 1/850s, Auto ISO-100)
DSCF0573-X3.jpg
The original 1831 London Bridge in Lake Havasu, AZ (f2.0, 1/10s, Auto ISO-3200)
DSCF0663-X3.jpg
Waiting for the bridge to fall down (f2.8, 1/250s, Auto ISO-125)
P1030908-X3.jpg
Oceanside Pier (f9.0, 1/1200s, Auto ISO-200)
DSCF0782-X3.jpg
Jumping off the pier? (f5.6, 1/1000s, Auto ISO-100, Fill-Flash)
DSCF0907-X3.jpg
Pacific Ocean (f4.0, 1/300s, Auto ISO-100)
DSCF0911-X3.jpg
Taking it all in after an awesome day...(Aperture priority f2.8, 1/320s, ISO 100)
DSCF0951-X3.jpg
Meet my little friend, Fuji X20 with Marumi 40mm DHG Lens Protect Filter
P1030675-X3.jpg

jimk22

Wow, really nice job with these, just goes to show a good tool in the hands of someone who knows how to use it works well :-) Thanks for sharing!

Mekeni

Wow, really nice job with these, just goes to show a good tool in the hands of someone who knows how to use it works well :-) Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!

K1W1

Nice set. I like the "waiting for the bridge to fall down" and the "jumping off the pier?" shots particularly. They clearly demonstrate that it's the person pushing the shutter rather than the camera itself that makes great photos.

Mekeni

Nice set. I like the "waiting for the bridge to fall down" and the "jumping off the pier?" shots particularly. They clearly demonstrate that it's the person pushing the shutter rather than the camera itself that makes great photos.

Glad you like them K1W1! You and Jimk22 got it right. The camera is only a tool and I know it's been said before, "The best camera is the one you got!". Having said that, I finally found a camera that is not only small enough to carry all day, it also delivers images that I don't have spend too much time editing to correct colors and exposure. The moment I saw the jpeg images from the Fuji X20, I finally understood what "Fuji colors" meant. Also, fill-flash from the camera's built in flash is just amazing... so balanced and the colors are just right.

jerusking

Very nice photo's and tips. please add more of your experimental shots! :-)