Sign in to follow this  
alagami

Neat tricks to make your X100 experience better...

plekstor

@alagami - When reviewing the focus point with the lever in AF-S, my focus point is always in center, even though I focus and recompose. Only way to move the focus point is to use the AF points manually while shooting. Please advice.

Asudef

If you hold down either of the customizable function buttons (fn or RAW), you can change its functions on the fly. Initially, 2 buttons seemed like too few but after finding this out, I don't really care anymore since I can take a second to switch a button the the ISO and pick the right setting, then switch back to Film settings or what not and go on shooting.

madmaxmedia

@plekstor- I was just reading the tips here, and noticed the same exact thing. There's no remedy for this- the camera cannot sense if you re-compose after focusing. I use center point AF and recompose, so this little trick is less useful. If you are still getting used to the multi-AF (or whatever it's called), then this trick is very useful.

There are a lot of great tips in this thread! I didn't know about re-assigning the function buttons, nice!

Asudef

I also noticed that if you set the AE/FL button to be "On/Off" rather than "On when pressed", you can bypass that focus locking issue someone else pointed out.

So if I set it to f/l6 and focused on something, it'll still show the dof bar and you can lock it at that focus with the button set up as above.

Too bad you can't set it to do the same in MF mode or focus manually in AF mode so you can set the dof bar where you want and then lock it. Could probably be fixed with a firmware issue though but its not likely to happen =[