X100s firmware version 1.02 now available

K1W1

guys!!! is it the springtime effect?! who cares about the past, now that 1.02 is out and everyone is happy, so far. lets move on and join the wrestling thread! >

:)

You are right. If 1.02 is what I hope and expect X100S to be. Still, saying all users who express they don't see any AF speed improvement with firmware 1.01 from their first-hand experience compared to X100/1.30 are just idiots doesn't work for me. Not only because I am one of them observing no improvement, but because there are too many signs from unrelated sources to be just "anecdotes" as this guy sweeze is chanting.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares about other users statements, just test the camera If it works for you and your style of shooting and your understanding of the focus mechanism your golden!

Who cares about other users statements, just test the camera If it works for you and your style of shooting and your understanding of the focus mechanism your golden!

True. It has not worked for me yet. Just being curious, you wrote you have been owner of three X100. How come?

You talk about statistics yet you don't account for all the data related to the subject.

Show me that "data" then. Are they more folklore and anecdotes or are they actual data?

Did you skip the part that there are ZERO complaints regarding the AF speed for X100S with firmware 1.00?

You said Fuji broke promises about focus. I'm merely showing you what those promises actually were because you seem to have been developing promises of your own out of thin air.

And people that don't have problems say nothing? So what do you say about users of X100S with firmware 1.00 praising the AF speed improvements in X100S compared to X100? How would that fit in your world? Is that statistically irrelevant as well? That NO X100S users with firmware 1.00 are complaining but only praising?

If you are basing your entire sample set on Photography Enthusiast Forum Sites and Blogs, you may be right. I don't care enough to research that, but maybe you did. Even still, it's immaterial. I don't go onto VW fan sites and talk about how much I love my VW, and how the six-speed paddle shifting trans is a huge improvement over Tiptronic.

No matter what,

you

are just purely speculating with no first-hand experience of either X100 nor X100S with any firmware version whatsoever.

Not relevant at all, I'm not saying you aren't having a bad experience, I'm just pointing out that you don't have any evidence beyond anecdotes and folklore.

Your theoretical observations have less credibility than users with experience with just X100 or X100S regardless firmware version.

Read what you just wrote. I'm not posting "theoretical observations" about anything, I'm merely pointing out that your claims of broken promises about focus speed are meaningless and don't amount to anything unless you or someone, anyone, does a test. Otherwise you're just another mouth-breather standing around with nothing but your Words On The Internet.

Why do you even bother in the first place?

Because you are whining about broken promises and spreading FUD and I don't care for it.

You know what, you sound just like robertj at Fuji X forum. He also was referring to CIPA when nothing else could save the situation. Are you robertj perhaps?

tin-foil-hat.gif

You are right. If 1.02 is what I hope and expect X100S to be. Still, saying all users who express they don't see any AF speed improvement with firmware 1.01 from their first-hand experience compared to X100/1.30 are just idiots doesn't work for me.

Nobody said that.

Not only because I am one of them observing no improvement, but because there are too many signs from

unrelated

sources to be just "anecdotes" as this guy sweeze is chanting.

They are just anecdotes because they aren't representative of all users by definition. Derp.

i have always had a LOVE/Hate relationship with the old X-100...I owned the X-100 since day one! then got frustrated with auto focus, went back to Nikon for 2 month, hated it! got another one... then sold it, thinking to move to the X-Pro1/XE-1 , then i ended up getting another one at a discount price because i felt like someone selling his child, I kept it for 10 days and returned it, for the X-E1 with zoom and 35...X-100s announced, rest is history, the X-100s is what i always wanted in the X-100 and more, the funny thing is i do not shoot fast action at night, my action is the kids playing at the park in daylight!

here is a shot with the old fuji X-100, jpg out of the camera, this is why i love fuji!

8705097815_562afa9c0d_c.jpg

i have always had a LOVE/Hate relationship with the old X-100...I owned the X-100 since day one! then got frustrated with auto focus, went back to Nikon for 2 month, hated it! got another one... then sold it, thinking to move to the X-Pro1/XE-1 , then i ended up getting another one at a discount price because i felt like someone selling his child, I kept it for 10 days and returned it, for the X-E1 with zoom and 35...X-100s announced, rest is history, the X-100s is what i always wanted in the X-100 and more, the funny thing is i do not shoot fast action at night, my action is the kids playing at the park in daylight!

here is a shot with the old fuji X-100, jpg out of the camera, this is why i love fuji!

I know what you mean. I also love JPEGs from Fuji X cameras. I stopped my attempts to AF on moving kids on both X100 and X-Pro1, but for more static environmental shots I used them more than my 5DII + 35L. Especially X100 is so darn good with the auto white balancing and the fill flash is excellent.

The benefits I am seeing with X100S is the AF ability, as good or better resolution than the X-Pro1 (didn't one review show higher resolution at base ISO for X100S?) and changing of the AF point without having to remove my eye from the viewfinder (still disappointed why it didn't get into X100 or X-Pro1).

I am also looking forward to try out IR photography with X100S as X-Pro1 with XF 18mm could be used handheld with very pleasing results.

Thinking of replacing the X100 and X-Pro1 with X100S and get the wide conversion lens for it. Keep my XF 18mm and 35mm, sell the 60mm as I don't use it and think the XF 56mm f/1.2 will be better. Wait for next generation X-Pro.

There is still no other camera that combines the size, focal length/shallow DOF and image quality so good as X100 or X100S. If Fuji gets out a full frame with the same aperture or at f/1.4 but somehow keep the physical size similar, I would buy it instantly.

really sick of arguing, numbers and statistics guys, sick of fuji senseless talk,loving my camera!

Who are you talking to? Is this sweeze still theorizing without any own experience whatsoever? If anyone is "statistically irrelevant" regarding opinons or experience of AF speed with firmware 1.01 of X100S, he is the one. I wonder if he understands the irony of it.

I put him on the ignore list. I thought K1W1 would be the first one to be added, but he has first-hand experience of X100S at least.

so I went for a short walk today and caught these with firmware 1.02, I am sure my results would be different if another firmware was onboard, here you go!

ps; some jpgs processed quickly with Nik fx!

8706690834_69cbf88bc0_b.jpg8706695636_1f4e5b51e2_b.jpg8705580375_1869810b43_b.jpg8705587159_7de8b79b61_b.jpg8706720270_9321d68dab_b.jpg

"Well, to some extent, yes. The X100s is a bit faster to focus than the X100. I say "a bit" because I didn't do any formal testing -- not sure even how one would do that in the real world -- but rather just picked up the camera and went shooting.

With the latest firmware, the X100 is already "ok". To my eye, the X100s is "better than ok". It doesn't focus like a laser-guided missile locking down on target. If you look closely, the lens still moves a lot through the range. Focusing isn't instant."

Which "latest" firmware is he referring to I wonder. It cannot be 1.00 if you are to believe the firmware 1.00 users.

Archived