Sign in to follow this  
bryson

First scratch/scuff on your camera?

pominpocket

camera_mojo_1.jpg?w=774

I am buying a brass gold paint tomorrow. I painted my X-E1 over the white writing and over the Fuji logo too. It looks great. People think it is an old Leica camera. Tomorrow I will add a bit of fake wear and tear in brass paint. Funny after I painted my camera I really really got to love it and bond with it ! I also will be unable to sell it and am pleased as punch over this.

Not keen on the wood on the X100 above .

As for the smudge on the X100S . Nothing at all

WilzWorkz7

Is a tool...meant to be used...so if it is used, it will have dings...should see my X100 now..thoroughly used...

scharfsj

camera_mojo_1.jpg?w=774

I am buying a brass gold paint tomorrow. I painted my X-E1 over the white writing and over the Fuji logo too. It looks great. People think it is an old Leica camera. Tomorrow I will add a bit of fake wear and tear in brass paint. Funny after I painted my camera I really really got to love it and bond with it ! I also will be unable to sell it and am pleased as punch over this.

Not keen on the wood on the X100 above .

As for the smudge on the X100S . Nothing at all

I love seeing old Leicas like that that are "brassed up"! A great tool in service for a long time...think of the images that thing has produced.

scharfsj

I totally agree with @scharfsj , the only problem is that when you want to sell your old gear, there is a good chance you'd have to deal with those "amateurs" who'd even complain if you have a scratch on your camera's original retail box... Not kidding

Agreed. The trick is to sell it to a pro that knows what it's worth and who knows what not to worry about. I bought my 300 2.8 for USD $2200 USD in 2005 and I could still sell it for that eight years later. 'Cept I won't cause the thing still *rocks* when it comes to nailing focus and image quality!

LB8N1514.jpg

pominpocket

dscf0566.jpg?w=774

Look even Fuji don't care about a few knocks to their vans. I bet this old thing has carried a lot of images and memories.

thosewhotell

So, which guitar looks cooler?

RGUK

In fairness, one of them is in the hands of arguably the greatest guitarist of all time...

pominpocket

I would not try and fake brass a camera . I will not do that again . Just did not look real and nearly got some vital bits with spray paint. Despite taping it up .

Beverley5555

I fell and fractured my ankle while walking with my XE-1 in a not fabulously well-padded carrying case. As I lay sprawled on the pavement in Leeds City Centre, my first words to my husband were..."Look after my camera!" (I'm happy to say it survived to photograph a few skateboarders in action as I waited on a bench for my lift to A&E)

jac

@pominpocket -- could you post some clearer pics of the brassy XE-1? is that yours?

oldrsk8r

I think this type of incident bothers some more than others.  If you’re one of those who focuses on such things, then it becomes a legitimate concern.  As others have mentioned, it can be an indication of character or just something that happens and we move on.  Will it matter down the the road or be forgotten?  More likely it will be the pictures you take that will stand out for others - and you.  Still...there’s nothing wrong with be bothered by such mishaps.  Recognize the feeling and let it go when you’re  ready.  Perspective and the human capacity for rationalization will help you do that.  Best wishes!