Sign in to follow this  
gryphon1911

Zack Arias additional review. 2 months DSLR free. only shooting with X cams and Phase One

K1W1

@gryphon1911 Thanks for the link. Unlike some I have clicked on it and read it and learnt a couple of things as well as seen some interesting photos.

sweeze

Relevant to our interests:

Some think I’m paid to say this stuff. Trust me. One hand on my heart and the other hand on the FCC laws regarding endorsements and advertising on blogs like this one… I’m not paid by Fuji to say this stuff. I’m not paid by them to review their gear. I have shot jobs for them. I’ve stood on their platform and talked about my experience with the cameras at industry events. That’s it. Once the images or videos are delivered to them my job is done. Just like all of the other jobs I do. Fuji didn’t pay me to sell all my L glass.

biscuit

poppa_d - do you mean am I in competition with Mr. Arias for credibility, recognition & remuneration? that would be a no.

mattmaber

Weve had this argument about Arias before no? He seems honest, and balanced, I wouldnt mind if they paid him tbh, maybe they'd act on his advice sooner if they were paying for it.

"The Fuji 60mm works but it ain’t great. I’d really like to see Fuji redesign that damn lens. It’s a pain in the ass when focusing. When you get it focused it’s awesome. The rest of your time you’re cussing the damn thing."

thosewhotell

Weve had this argument about Arias before no? He seems honest, and balanced, I wouldnt mind if they paid him tbh, maybe they'd act on his advice sooner if they were paying for it.

"The Fuji 60mm works but it ain’t great. I’d really like to see Fuji redesign that damn lens. It’s a pain in the ass when focusing. When you get it focused it’s awesome. The rest of your time you’re cussing the damn thing."

You took the words out of my mouth. Some people like him, some don't. Get over it. Personally I like him; his original X100 review was one of the main reasons I bought the camera, and for that I am grateful to him.

franco

no @biscuit , he asked if you had a site. Let me re-read it....yep, thats what he asked.

franco

@joeradza - you're right mate. apologies.

@christopher - please take down my question above. It is rather antagonistic.

I miss FinePixCamera...actually, no I dont.

gryphon1911

I'd rather not boost his hits.

Such is your prerogative.

biscuit

exactly - just as it is yours to start a discussion thread steering traffic his way. not a complaint, just an observation.

bashar

@biscuit, why is it you hijack every thread with some negative attention grabbing comment... First the dancing aperture on the x-100 then Zack Aries, do you have anything positive to contribute man.

K1W1

Once again thanks to @gryphon1911 for posting this link. Although it's been spread far and wide on the Internet in the last few days this is the first place I saw it and it was from here that I read the story, viewed the pictures and learnt of a couple of new products I didn't know about that I think will work very well with my X100s.

biscuit

bashar - whenever you and I have participated in the same thread, which hasn't been very often, your only contribution has been to attack me.

sweeze

Chin up, Internet Warrior. Shitting up every Zack Arias thread will surely pay off someday.

pominpocket

Yeah what is this I will not mouse click him cos he will get paid business?

This is a Fuji site he likes Fuji and writes good reviews and gives good tips. Like flash for instance. I am thinking of buying the EL? X20 flash. I ran it through this site but did not come up with much. Yet he writes about off camera flash with a cable and fill flash so I learnt something.

Also on his post I really like 3 of his photos and this has inspired me .

franco

Yeah, some people forget Zack Arias actually uses the same cameras and lenses we use. Like you, Pom, I like his work too.

WilzWorkz7

A good laugh over this

"Lastly… a lot of folks asked where Pentax was in my initial x100s review. Yeah. Sorry I left her out. Pentax wasn’t at the bar. She was over at Hasselblad’s house. Poor Hasselblad. She recently went to Japan to see Sony and got some botched cosmetic surgery done by Dr. Lunar. Pentax was over there trying to console her. Pentax is a good friend. Hasselblad should have never hooked up with Sony. That was a mistake."

sweeze

Yes, we know, it's in the post. What I don't know is if those pods are for pay phones and if so, are they still functional payphones!

Ludwig

Yes, but they are the only two working phones in Havana. You can only call one from the other.

pominpocket

I posted it for Biscuit who refused to open it in fear of boosting Zac's ego and promoting his site.