Sign in to follow this  
K1W1

Focus peaking and one handed focus point change are coming to the XPro-1 and X-E1

K1W1

5th June firmware update:

FUJIFILM X-Pro1 Ver.2.05, FUJIFILM X-E1 Ver.1.06

1. Additional functionality to improve “one-handed” camera operation

A ‘Focus Frame Selection’ option has been added to the ‘Fn’ (function) button.

This offers easier/quicker operation when setting the Focus Frame Selection using only your right hand.

A second ‘Fn’ button can be allocated.

This enables you to allocate a function to the selector “down” button. The default setting is ‘Focus Frame Selection’ but this can be changed to whatever suits your shooting style.

2. Enable aperture control for lenses without aperture rings (XF27mmF2.8 / XC16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS)

If you are using either of these lenses which do not feature aperture ring, this firmware update allows you to adjust the aperture setting by using the command dial.

23rd July firmware update:

FUJIFILM X-Pro1 Ver.3.00, FUJIFILM X-E1 Ver.2.00

1. Improvement of AF speed. Improves AF speed on all existing XF lenses, thanks to the updated algorithm throughout the full range of focal length. Lenses covered:

XF14mm F2.8 R

XF18mmF2 R

XF35mmF1.4 R

XF60mmF2.4 R Macro

XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS

NOTES:

The AF Speed on the XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R MS OIS lens has been already optimised.

For all lenses other than the XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R MS OIS, the firmware for each lens must be also updated.

2. ‘Focus Peak Highlight’ function for manual focusing

A ‘Focus Peak Highlight’ function, which features on the X100S and X20 cameras, can be added via this firmware update. It assists accurate and sensitive manual focusing by enhancing the outline of your subject in high contrast.

3. Improvement in ‘Checking Focus’ operation: how to change magnification ratio in manual focusing

The process to check focus by selecting manual focus magnification has improved. Just press and rotate the dial right or left and the ca

redsim74

I'll be glad of the additional 'Fn' button, the more control options the better!

trustkill24

@K1W1

where have you got this info from? Hope you aren´t joking!

everything I wished for except auto iso improvement

Christopher

It has been officially announced by Fujifilm @trustkill24

trustkill24

@Christopher

oh, you´re right - it´s already online at fujis website..

f..... cache! It´s not showing again in firefox but showing in iexplorer..

already downloading

thx

Christopher

Bear in mind that focus peaking and improved AF doesn't arrive until July 23rd :)

trustkill24

focus peaking is not essential for me anyway, as I stopped adapting..

AF point selection is great.. already tried..

additional "aperture settings" doesn´t have any effect when using the 14.. so it seems it´s only for "ringless" lenses..

improved AF will always be welcome although I am already really satisfied!!!

a shame that it seems auto iso is not coming..

@flysurfer it´s really quiet around you rico.. c´mon give me a hint or at least destroy my dreams..

apples

i've found the EVF adequate for the most part focusing my voigtlander lens, but focus peaking will be helpful...

just hope that there are some color options that are selectable and not just white as i've heard it is in the X100S. feel like it would've been mentioned in the announcement, so not that optimistic. in any case, i'm excited.

Hooman

Good news! Fuji almost covered my wish list =D> the only remaining one is a versatile compact lens like Lumix Vario PZ 14-42mm to make the camera absolutely pocketable :))

though it is a nice option but personally I am not so much concern about auto ISO and the ability to specify minimum shutter speed for it

I used to set it on my D7000 from the moment that I discovered my gear has such a lovely feather that makes the life much easier for me :D and for a while I was happy with it but gradually I came to this conclusion that choosing the right ISO in different situations and bearing with results is something deserves a little thinking about and hence it should be done on purpose rather than leaving it to the little computer inside the gear ;) of course this is only my personal taste :\">

daniel1

Sure you can set ISO manually, as with aperture and with speed... but I totally understand that in changing light situations (and by laziness) it's easier to leave it on AUTO ISO with a minimum speed.

Thank you Fuji for the focus peaking! Please add the AUTO ISO with minimum speed and my X-Pro1 will just about be the best camera in the world :-)

ergoforce

I actually didn't believe Fujifilm would make AF point selection available with the right hand. I guess they felt they were forced to now when X100S can and X-Pro1/X-E1 are supposed to be higher level cameras. Looks like it as they are also addressing the slow AF speed compared to X100S. Let's see what happens with Auto ISO. Once 3.00 is released, I bet the X100S AF speed will improve as well with a newer firmware.

It's still a big shame that AF point selection with right hand didn't make it to X100.

franco

this is all GREAT NEWS!! I may end with a snappy camera after all!!

THANKS FUJIFILM! roll on the 23rd....

gryphon1911

All the updates that Fuji is doing just re-affirms my choice in getting the X-E1. Focus peaking will be something interesting to couple with my Nikon primes.

veejaycee

Yes, it definitely shows a min shutter speed and I also notice it seems that base ISO is 100 on the XM1 - at least it doesn't show as (L) Low.

WilzWorkz7

Good news! Fuji almost covered my wish list =D> the only remaining one is a versatile compact lens like Lumix Vario PZ 14-42mm to make the camera absolutely pocketable

:)

)

though it is a nice option but personally I am not so much concern about auto ISO and the ability to specify minimum shutter speed for it

I used to set it on my D7000 from the moment that I discovered my gear has such a lovely feather that makes the life much easier for me :D and for a while I was happy with it but gradually I came to this conclusion that choosing the right ISO in different situations and bearing with results is something deserves a little thinking about and hence it should be done on purpose rather than leaving it to the little computer inside the gear ;) of course this is only my personal taste :\">

Totally agree...and hence ability to control ISO noise is the main benefit.

RAPyke

Brilliant! All are much appreciated changes, of course, I shoot a wedding on the 21st... better autofocus speeds would be very nice to have indeed.

Christopher

Fantastic news indeed, it just keeps getting sweeter!

Fuji X-E1 auto iso minimum shutter speed X-Pro1

trustkill24

Fantastic news indeed, it just keeps getting sweeter!

Fuji X-E1 auto iso minimum shutter speed X-Pro1

Hope it's true as it's not announced. Let's all keep our fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed. I'm hopeful that the X-M1 has the same internal processing as the X-E1, but it's hard to say. Fujifilm is really marketing the startup time and low shutter lag, something they never did with the X-E1 or X-Pro1, but perhaps it's all just a matter of this new firmware? Hopefully they'll be able to confirm soon.