Sign in to follow this  
Brecht

Fuji x20 with teleconverter - how to set up

Brecht

Hi,

I've bought a Fuji x20 and I'm very happy with it. I'm amazed by the quality and speed of this little camera. However I'd like to be able to zoom in a little bit more sometimes. Hence, my question:

How do I set that up. Would a set up like this be ok?

I could buy a fuji x20 lenshood & thread filter holder 52mm (http://www.lensmateonline.com/store/...inepix_x10.php)

AND a Marumi x2 mount thread 52mm teleconverter.

Would this work? if not, why not and how can I make it work?

THanks!

Brecht

franco

Hi @Brecht - yes, it WILL work. But two things to bear in mind...there may be vignetting at any focal length up to 112. 112 should be fine however..

Also, the Marumi is a nice bit of glass optically, but quite heavy...have a look around for the Canon 1.6 equiv (TC-52) as its a bit lighter. OK, its not a 2x, but you still get up to 200mm equiv, and the Canon is tack sharp and normally available cheaply, maybe even less than the Marumi. Just a recommendation, but I would be nervous putting that weight on the end of my zoom...

• Like 1

Brecht

Hi Franco,

Do you happen to have an image of an x10 with this teleconverter? and the set up?

Thx!

franco

Sure do, broheim...

pimpedx10

And heres a quickie image I took with it (couldnt stop my friends little girl from jumping up, but you get the jist :-) )

DSCF2022

As you can see, pin sharp...this was with an X10 too, so with your wonderful new sensor, should be sharper still.

Cheers!

targa88

I would second Franco's recommendation.

IIRC you need to set the frame reference to 1:1 with the converter on

anthonymerto

i was curious. i know the lens hood is needed for a 52mm teleconverter.

but couldn't you just use a 40mm or 39mm (whatever it is) teleconverter without having to use the lens hood with the 52mm ring?

franco

@anthonymerto - Hi Mate. Yup, you absolutely could...its tough to find one in that thread, and there is such a variance on what the actual size is...39mm, 40mm and 40.5mm all claim to 'fit'.

I chose the Canon because its excellent quality, cheap (sometimes) and 52mm is a pretty standard size that also fits on my X-Pro lenses. All the best.

Roberto C.

Hi everybody, I'm new in this forum and many of you seem to be quite smart on this matter, so: what about the new TCL-X100S, do you think it could work on a X10 camera? directly screwed on or with a specific adapter? Thanks in advance...

Fujifilm_TCL-X100.jpg

veejaycee

I think the weight might damage your lens.

• Like 1