Model holding X100S

pominpocket

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Pertus Facetiously, I could say "tell each of them to look through the viewfinder". But more seriously, it raises for me the question of how to do interesting self portrait photos that express anything about myself.

@Pertus Facetiously, I could say "tell each of them to look through the viewfinder". But more seriously, it raises for me the question of how to do interesting self portrait photos that express anything about myself.

But this is not a self portrait.

@pominposket It's just got something to do with the possibly of shots of the models using the camera, rather than holding the camera. Which is where the self portrait issue comes in. But it's a small point, reflecting an interest of mine, not necessarily of yours.

This dude pominposket is single-handedly taking this forum down with him. Horrible horrible snapshot. No excuse. You need to learn the basics bro... down to the block level, on what makes a good photograph. Jeez. Save me from this.

This dude pominposket is single-handedly taking this forum down with him. Horrible horrible snapshot. No excuse. You need to learn the basics bro... down to the block level, on what makes a good photograph. Jeez. Save me from this.

Hey mate

I sell some of my pictures for $600 USA

I never said this was a good photograph nor is this forum a portfolio for excellence .

Its a picture of a girl holding my new camera . Yes it was snapped in 2 mins flat .

Anyway I like it . And there is freedom of expression on this forum you can post what you like as long as it is not obscene.

On the other hand negative and insulting comments like yours are discouraged here.

Go and troll somewhere else sunshine .

I like the freedom to post. Here's another shot of a model holding an x100.

I've been looking at that shot for the last five minutes, still can't see a camera. ;)

Lean and pominpocket you're both wrong. Lean for being too harsh and pominpocket for firing back and assuming someone with 8 posts is not experienced. It's about as wrong as thinking that someone who has sold a photo for $600 is all knowing ;)

The issue I have with this photo - and consequently the entire thread, is that I'm just not seeing the purpose/meaning behind it. Now I'm the first to admit all photos don't have to be deep and meaningful BUT if you are going to post an out of focus, poorly composed, contrived snap which you concede was made in 2 minutes flat, I'm not sure what sort of response you're trying to elicit.

I don't think Lean was trolling, I simply think he was expressing his personal view and, despite me thinking it was harsh, he has a right to his opinion. If you are concerned about what people think, think twice about what you post. If you have no concern of what others think, post anything you like, but don't complain when you don't like what you hear

The issue I have with this photo - and consequently the entire thread, is that I'm just not seeing the purpose/meaning behind it.

+!

If the OP had simply put one sentence in the first post something long the lines of "This is a quick pic of a girl holding my new toy" this whole thread would have passed with little or no controversy.

I suspect that the OP likes to court the sort of response he has got here for some reason he has form in that regard.

Archived