Model holding X100S

pominpocket

not a model, but still a girl holding a fuji x series!

8679777111_74951c8901_c.jpg

lets all just cool down this is the interwebz after all :)

oh and taken with the xpro + 35mm with canon 580ex off cam triggered with PW2

I like this and its a great little camera

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why is everyone so uptight around here, chill people, if you dont like it move on, it cost you a mouse click, you are not even obliged to expand this thread to begin with. The guy posted a thought, so WHAT?!!! when I walk on the street there are so many strangers soliciting me left and right, SOOOO what?! its my choice to listen, interact or ignore...Unless you want to lecture every person on the street about what is appropriate and what is not, unless you want to judge every person walking by and tell it to them in person....Well, maybe you think you are superior because they dont wear an expensive watch, a fancy shoes, a big name brand OR because they don't live in the fancy neighbourhood where you live OR they dont talk as classy as you think you are...whatever....blah blah blah..

I have no problem with your comments except I may have unwittingly made myself look like a novice and unskilled in photography.

I am self taught but have also done a fair few classes, courses in developing black and white, (I had my own darkroom in 3 separate houses) I have been around the world a few times and have volumes of travel photos. I have written for a few on line publications and had successful exhibitions and even newspaper articles written about me here in my Cambodian base.

So maybe never judge a book by its cover if my books cover is the simple snap above .

I also break a few rules and experiment all the time. I have a few shots of the girl holding the X100s and then went through all the pictures I have taken of her and I have some gems I am happy to say.

I will not post my Nikon work but you can click on the link above to Theme magazine and then also read my article about using an X10 on the street , and if you are not bored or disgusted by then read my Pics in the Penh blog (the X10 files) where you will find some good stuff and some average . I do not mind posting shots that are emotional for me but meaningless for others in some cases. On a blog that is .

I was only a bit miffed by the comments by lean . I am used to the character and tone of the others .

Don't let downright nasty comments get to you. Lean left a rather odd comment on one of my threads, apparently a few snaps I took while out for a walk were too boring. I asked him what makes him qualified to decide this, I'm still waiting for the reply.

I have taken a look at the article you mention, I confess I have not read the words yet but I will eventually. I have looked at the images though, and they aren't to my taste aesthetically but I can see the technical and artistic merit and the effort that must have gone into producing them. I haven't judged the book by the cover - because I haven't judged you at all. I have judged the image you posted though and I admit I haven't been kind with it, but nor should I have been. It is a bad pic' after all, and the most unkind thing I could do would be to tell you 'great shot!' as I would be lying and it does you no good to hear things like that.

As I said before, there is nothing wrong with posting snaps, nothing wrong at all. But you have to accept the comments of others, good or bad. Apart from the nasty ones you do seem to be understanding the general consensus. I dare say the pictures I take with my X-E1 aren't going to get fantastic reviews either. That's fine, I'll probably sulk to myself a bit sometimes but I'll accept what people say, if what they say is fair. I can take a decent picture with my pro gear but I admit to struggling a bit with my X camera.

Take it easy,

Ste

8679777111_74951c8901_c.jpg

She is either very small or she is holding the camera some distance in front of her head to give the appearance that it's larger than it really is.

She is either very small or she is holding the camera some distance in front of her head to give the appearance that it's larger than it really is.

Yes she was holding it a little further.

lets all just cool down this is the interwebz after all :)

oh and taken with the xpro + 35mm with canon 580ex off cam triggered with PW2

I like this and its a great little camera

Indeed it's a nifty little thing.

Click September for a photographer holding a X100 but not looking through the lens !

If you think that is a photo of somebody holding a camera I respectfully suggest that you head to an Optometrist tomorrow.

Click September for a photographer holding a X100 but not looking through the lens !

If you think that is a photo of somebody holding a camera I respectfully suggest that you head to an Optometrist tomorrow.

Its the photo you already scorned on another thread about the X100s being for professionals or not . Did I supply the wrong link or something ?

You are right she is holding a cup of tea and sitting in a river with an x100 hanging from her neck. The X100 has a piece of red gaffer tape on it .

I guess I do not need glasses after all

You are right she is holding a cup of tea

Without being too pedantic about it as the calendar is promoting a coffee company and she is holding what appears to be an expresso cup I suspect that it's not tea inside the cup. :D

You are right she is holding a cup of tea

Without being too pedantic about it as the calendar is promoting a coffee company and she is holding what appears to be an expresso cup I suspect that it's not tea inside the cup. :D

Well I was too busy checking to see if her eyes were in focus and other details

whatta goddamn sausagefest; I can't believe this thread is still going. It has probably chased every woman who would have been in any way interested in participating in this forum.

Archived