Quoddy

Leicatime Custom Half Case and Strap

Quoddy

Not too long after purchasing these 4 weeks ago today I decided to order a Really Right Stuff tripod/head. To facilitate mounting the X100s I also purchased an L plate and grip. Now that all this is done it is too difficult to change back and forth to the case and strap... so they're up for sale. Paid $449.57, but will sacrifice for $325 (PayPal), including shipping, rather than have it not used. Natural aged brown with ivory stitching. Bottom is hand sewn. Strap has two length adjustments. Detachable back.

DSC00304_zps9bbca734.jpg

DSC00299_zpsa94696e3.jpg

Mahuna

does this version have easy access to the battery or do you have to remove the case to change it?

Quoddy

The case needs to be removed, which involves unsnapping the two snaps which go over the straps. Takes about 5 seconds to completely remove the case.

Quoddy

Right now it is still for sale. I'm in upstate New York, near the Vermont border. Free shipping is to anywhere in the USA.

Quoddy

I decided some time ago that it is just too perfect a case for the X100s to sell. Although using it inhibits my ability to use it with my tripod (because of the ball head's clamp), for everyday use it is a great case.

Miker204

Let me know if you changed your mind... did you buy it from the guy in Italy, Leicatime?

Quoddy

Yes, I bought it from Luigi, but much of the communication was with his daughter who's English is excellent.

No plans to sell it, at least at this time.

pcg

I sure wouldn't sell. These are just premier cases. All of my Leicas were housed in Luigi's leather. Never had regrets.

PeterK

Anyone looking for a leather half case should also check out Angello Pelle cases, also located in Italy.

I have one for my X Pro 1, very pleased with it. Cheaper than Leicatime I think.

Christopher

Yes, they too are gorgeous. He makes half cases for Fuji X-Pro 1 and the XE-1. Nothing for the X100s. Cost is 179 EU. Here's a link:

http://angelo-pelle.com/fuji--half-cases.html

I missed this post back when you originally posted it. Angelo Pelle cases are beautiful, this X100T case is really tempting http://angelo-pelle.com/fuji-x100t-half-case.html