X100 firmware update coming?

ianHphoto

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been over and over the list of things we want in the "next" X100 firmware but I just don't believe it's going to happen. Like all camera makers, Fuji is going to "orphan" their older cameras to encourage folks to upgrade to the latest model. Please prove me wrong Fuji.

We've been over and over the list of things we want in the "next" X100 firmware but I just don't believe it's going to happen. Like all camera makers, Fuji is going to "orphan" their older cameras to encourage folks to upgrade to the latest model. Please prove me wrong Fuji.

I have to say I agree with you on this. From a marketing point of view releasing a major X100 upgrade now will be tantamount to sales suicide as it will give the impression to ALL current X series camera owners that they will not need to update as Fuji will continue to support new features even after the model they own goes EOL. Who would rush out and buy an XPro-2 or X-E2 on release when waiting might get them a free upgrade to their current camera.

This entire current speculation seems to stem from one post on a forum from one person who said that they spoke to an unnamed Fuji rep at a trade show and were told about this update. I'd like to think for the sake of current X100 owners that there is more to it than that but if that is the only source I have to say that it's flimsy.

In many ways I hope that this does happen but it just seems too crazy an idea to me.

i hope im wrong, but i dont think it will come either... it is really frustrating that every other X camera has gotten more updates then the X camera that started it all...

i hope im wrong, but i dont think it will come either... it is really frustrating that every other X camera has gotten more updates then the X camera that started it all...

yamaha83, it was you that insisted you had word from Fuji via twitter that there would me no further updates. I'd say you're just as reliable as any other single source. So....

Until now, I thought I knew all X series cameras, but it appears that I do not, because I don't know many that got more firmware updates than the classic X100. Actually, I only know a single one: the X-Pro1. So what "every other X cameras" are you referring to?

• 2 weeks later...

The update is coming soon. (per a Fuji rep) We just have to wait to see what it will include.

Is this new information or are you just repeating the rumour from late July that said exactly the same thing?

Lets hope they don't mess with the secret sauce image quality. Yes, Q menu and hopefully all the X100S upgrades that it's hardware can support.

+1 let's hope fuji don't dick around with the X100's jpeg output engine. I prefer the subtler contrast which retains the shadow details

The update is coming soon. (per a Fuji rep) We just have to wait to see what it will include.

Is this new information or are you just repeating the rumour from late July that said exactly the same thing?

This is new information I received on Friday. Also, for anyone looking to buy an new X100 there are still a few left. fotocare in NY has 5 in stock for only $799. They are good to deal with.

Archived