X100 firmware update coming?

ianHphoto

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to kill me before I'd reveal my sources.

LOL

The update is still in the making with no official release date, so I don't think that the ongoing speculation will lead to any insights.

Rico, thanks for the update. So would you advise people to chill out and not necessarily expect a September release?

I share your dream, a camera with all black metal plate in the back, No LCD, No EVF, no video or gimmicks, 35-50mm F2 prime, is all I need in the world!

I know, a 'bare bones' mode:

No rear LCD, no live view, no EVF. Just some exposure guide and info on what you have set (shutter speed, apterutre ISO etc) in the OVF. If you set the exposure manually, just let that light through to the sensor, if it's wrong, it's human error.

Does anyone use focus peaking? Is it really that useful?

When I manually focus on the X100s I use focus peaking 100% of the time. I don't manually focus a lot lot but I really like the focus peaking when I do.

still hoping for multi exposure and easy auto ISO on/off!!

I gotta agree with the Easy Auto iso on off.. Its a breeze on the Xe1 lets hope its just like that.

This sounds promising!!

...however, the Olympus message is more about "discontinuation" (of Four-Thirds), where the Fujifilm is about “continuation” (support of the X100).

Of course OM-D E-M1could be seen as a new beginning, and firmware 2.00 for X100 must be the last one - still a bit like X-mas to us... :)

Archived