Sign in to follow this  
ianHphoto

X100 firmware update coming?

Captmcl1

I understand that now the Republicans will not open the government until the new firmware is released.

allineedsislight

less than 8 hours to go (until midnight in New York) !!

K1W1_Mk2

It's 8.15 am on Friday 18 October 2013 here. Why doesn't the world move in antipodean time?

Christopher

I'm on the Pacific Coast in the US, I think firmware is typically posted around 10pm or so PST, so 1am for those of you on the east coast.

jac

Right. I forgot to refresh!! Thanks ;)

PS can people report back after upgrading if there is a difference in the JPEG engine? I don't want to upgrade and find out the jpeg contrast has been cranked up! TIA folks

Christopher

You might have to hard refresh your browser @jac. Shift + refresh.

secondintime

Quicker start up if not in quick start? So quick start mode is still faster, why bother?

ianHphoto

AF's faster, which is great. Easier to change the focus point too! Anyone noticed a deterioration in image quality wide open? May just be that I'm playing in the office with lights on instead of the "real world", but f2 doesn't seem as crisp as I'm used to (either that or I need more sleep)! :)

Captmcl1

Downloaded it earlier, focus peaking is nice, autofocus is better, manual focusing is faster. Worthwhile download, camera IS more responsive.

oneRing

Version 2 is awesome! Focus way faster! Close focus works better - no need to jump to macro until you are really close. I haven't checked the jpg's yet - hope there is no change!

MichaelShea

For those of you who maintain that Fuji quality control is worse than other major camera and photographic equipment manufacturers, I'd like to balance things out a little. Since 2008 I've spent a great deal of hard-earned cash on products by Panasonic, Olympus, Pentax, Sigma, Tamron and Fuji, in that order. My experience is that far and away the most unreliable products from the list are consistently those made by Pentax and Sigma respectively.

Bugs and quirks aside, I think we all know by now that Fuji listens to its customers and therefore I'd like to add my thanks to them for continuing to strive for improvements, even to discontinued products like my own X100. I know as well as they do that I'm more likely than not to stick with them next time because of this enlightened approach.