Sign in to follow this  
Mokhtar

[DIY Fix] Fujifilm Fujinon 35mm f:1 4 XF R Loose Aperture Ring

Hello Everyone

Fujifilm X Series System is an awesome system, And the lenses they make for this system are incredible. unfortunately there is one negative topic every owner keeps talking about, Which is how each len's aperture ring is either smoother or stiffer than the other. This DIY video will show you how to adjust the smoothen or stiffen your aperture ring to your liking. Do this at your own Risk :)

Hope this helps some of you.

Mokhtar

www.Facebook.com/PhotographyMC

Interesting video, good to know info, but until my equipment is out of warranty I'll pass on this fix. Don't get me wrong if I was in a situation where I needed to make this fix with no other option available I would do this repair.

Interesting video, good to know info, but until my equipment is out of warranty I'll pass on this fix. Don't get me wrong if I was in a situation where I needed to make this fix with no other option available I would do this repair.

I agree with you, If you have the luxury of using your warranty and having it done for free then you shoud definitely skip that.

This video will be useful for those that cant send out the lens for long periods of time like me.

Useful video. My experience of undertaking projects such as this has taught me a couple of things. Always use the correct sized screwdriver and do the disassembly/reassembly on a tray with a lip all around, those tiny screws have a habit of getting lost. A magnet is useful to stick the screws to after removal.

I'm pleased to see these do-able projects as often an out of warranty repair is more than the lens is worth.

Interesting indeed. I wonder if the procedure applies to the even looser 14mm ring. Not sure I really want to do this myself, though doesn't look too difficult.

There is another video on youtube (not by me) explaining how to create a fix for the 14mm. search "Fujinon 14mm - fixing aperture ring looseness" on Youtube to find it.

Don't open up the lens if the issue is not bothering you too much. We tend to get too picky sometimes and end up regretting it. I took the step to fix my lens because my aperture ring simple kept moving out of place with the lightest touch.

All the best !

Useful video. My experience of undertaking projects such as this has taught me a couple of things. Always use the correct sized screwdriver and do the disassembly/reassembly on a tray with a lip all around, those tiny screws have a habit of getting lost. A magnet is useful to stick the screws to after removal.

I'm pleased to see these do-able projects as often an out of warranty repair is more than the lens is worth.

I completely agree !