Sign in to follow this  
ccunningham

Rokinon fish-eye

I just purchased the lens from eBay for $179 based on the recommendations here and am very happy with the sharpness and perspective the lens provides. I use it stopped down to F8 and set on infinity. In the photo I've provided I was about one foot from the front of my car and the aperture provided a wonderful star like appearance of the sun. Even in bright direct sun the high lights were not blown out which is particularly difficult on a silver car.

Sorry but for some reason I can't post the pic I wanted.

Yeah I had same problem trying to post a photo

:(

How to post a picture on this forum.

http://www.fujixseries.com/categories/articles/p2

I stopped using ant sites for the following reasons:

1. A Google search showed links to my work on 18 sites around the world all of which were making money from advertising.

2.Two Photobucket users had stolen a photo of mine, claimed it as their own and were trying to sell it.I had to prove it was mine before they finally removed it and the process does not favor the owner.

If I can't download it from my computer it doesn't get downloaded.

Perhaps getting back on topic is best as I don't intend on building a server to post pics on the only site I go to that still uses this method. Regardless of pics I'm excited about the possibilities of this sleeper lens.

Perhaps getting back on topic is best as I don't intend on building a server to post pics on the only site I go to that still uses this method. Regardless of pics I'm excited about the possibilities of this sleeper lens.

well for one you can defish it in LR using lens correction

13648569125_46f6555c3d_c.jpg

13648582583_d9f6447788_c.jpg

well, in the end I made up my mind and I didn’t go for the older 8mm 3,5 but I bought the Samyang 8mm 2,8.

After much thought and considerations, I bought the older version of the 2,8 version ( there is a newer one called II which is usable also on FF cameras and among other things has a different rear element to optimize the light distribution on a larger sensor but that feature is really not useful on an aps-c sensor).

I have also abandoned the ideas of de-fishing because I own a 10-24mm too and de-fishing the 8mm with almost any method, implies cropping the image losing the advantage of a few extra degrees.