Sign in to follow this  
pominpocket

Trying to sell XE1

pominpocket

The camera below is not my example of a photograph of my camera as it looks today.

This post has been sabotaged .

Is this even legal?

pominpocket

dscf2763.jpg?w=774

This is what the camera looks like now .

I stripped it back to the metal and added some leather. There is no black paint or nail varnish on this camera.

pominpocket

I'll trade you my Canon powershot s90 for it

Sorry this is not a Canon Powershot s90 forum.

And if I wanted noise I would go to a pop concert .

But anyway Leinad, I am still bemused as to why you posted a picture of what you assumed was the camera for sale above and still have not removed it.

Surely it is my job as the seller to provide the picture of my choice?

Yes it is very funny to dig out and find this picture. I am flattered you have such details of knowledge about my XE1. But its not exactly going to sell it .

And at the end of the day its a camera with a sensor so much better than some Canon point and hope even if it did look like the dog's breakfast.

andyfromboston

I think what's going on here is that Pom had made the camera look like that on purpose, by adding paint or something, not by scuffing off original black paint - so the camera in the photo looks old and mistreated, but it really isn't.

pominpocket

well is it the same XE-1?

That is not the point. I did try and brass the camera before. But when I placed it in market place I was not expecting some body else to rehash an old shot with out my consent. Anyway the camera for sale is the one above. It is now stripped silver and black with leather trim.

It would make a good no frills second body.

pominpocket

I sanded all the paint off. That includes the botched paint job I did. As well as the Fuji paint. So now it is a nice clean back to metal look.

pominpocket

No. It is sanded back to the metal which I discovered is attractive to me anyway. Like brushed stainless steel. Then I added leather where I had ruined the body with paint.

I will include some further close up photos. Of course I regret the original paint I did but now happy with result.

Albert

Unfortunately, Pom, your well-publicized history of 'personalising' your camera doesn't give a warm fuzzy feeling that it has been carefully used and hence likely to be reliable.

And I can't even see how much you want for it.

pominpocket

Unfortunately, Pom, your well-publicized history of 'personalising' your camera doesn't give a warm fuzzy feeling that it has been carefully used and hence likely to be reliable.

And I can't even see how much you want for it.

Well I did put it up for sale to the highest bidder. But then a member reposted a shot of the camera looking pretty bad.

I do really like the camera and have cared for it very well apart from my paint job.

And funnily enough my warm fuzzy feeling came back after I stripped it down and put the leather on it .

I have a Leica M3. The metal showing on XE1 looks the same now as on the M3.

I have been using it all day and I have to say the X100s is faster and to me produces a better image a warmer image.

If I did get a good offer I would sell body only and then buy the XE2.

BrucieNRS

Are you able to post more images ie of the top, the bottom, and the rear of the camera. to give any potential buyers a better idea of it's overall condition?

K1W1_Mk2

@leinad how about you stop being an ass and deliberately trying to sabotage this sale by another member. I have reported your actions on this thread and I hope that Christopher takes appropriate action.

pominpocket

Does the custom leather case come with it?

9262536569_01dca9cbab.jpg

Has it crossed you mind that I might own two or even 3 XE1's?

If you were selling your power shot I would not post your old pictures on your thread. Why you even have access to my old pictures is pretty alarming. Are you a stalker in your spare time?

Albert

Pom. Any pictures you've posted here, or elsewhere, can be accessed and copied or linked to.

For example:

9460261602_1d3b945ce1_c.jpg

pominpocket

Ok . But it's not like the member is receiving a commission for illustrating my threads. Anyway more pics tomorrow