Sign in to follow this  
pominpocket

Trying to sell XE1

K1W1_Mk2

It's not and never was going to sell here. This is the wrong market for it.

If you really want to sell it put it on ebay with a truthful description and decent photos of it and no reserve and see what the open market thinks of it's value. You never know you may get way more than you expected.

sweeze

You can't use the numerous threads you've created detailing the gruesome details of your experiments as evidence of not attempting to be deceptive after having a meltdown that someone linked in the images from those same threads you're referring to.

[-(

EternalHope

@sweeze - no comments on your words, only on your awesome looking judgmental looking little yellow man that you have...awesome, lol.

sweeze

@EternalHope

True story, I was tapping that reply out on my phone while I was cooking dinner and my wife was saying "what's the hold up, man?" and I yelled "I'm trying to pick the right emoticon for this post on an Internet Forum about Cameras" and she laughed and laughed.

And then my daughter started laughing too, because she can't help herself when people are laughing.

I wish I could say this is the first time two ladies laughed at me like that, but I think we all know that's a big lie.

pominpocket

You can't use the numerous threads you've created detailing the gruesome details of your experiments as evidence of not attempting to be deceptive after having a meltdown that someone linked in the images from those same threads you're referring to.

[-(

Surely I have a choice in the matter of what picture I post to sell my camera? The picture posted is also showing a dusty camera. Also it included the lens which is not for sale. If you owned a car and tried to sell it, and then some one posted a picture of the same car but after you had say painted it another colour, (before driving through a muddy road) would you be chuffed ?

I was also called deceptive when I showed a low key close up of the brushed metal affect as I did not show the full camera. I even showed the sodding glue marks of the shop job !

I have always been honest with what I have done with my XE1 and not deceptive. I was not even bothered if it sold or not to be more honest.

I do not mind being called a butcher but a deceptive butcher is going too far.

EternalHope

@sweeze - don't worry, you aren't the only one to have two ladies laughing at you at the same time, haha. My wife laughs at me all the time, and not WITH but most certainly AT. I have a son that laughs at me a lot, and a daughter that's coming in March, so I'm sure I'll be getting the double duty laughter in due time!

jcx

Before the days of the internet, an experienced Public Relations pro once gave me a good piece of advice when dealing with the press - she said "consider carefully what you're prepared to say to a journalist because, once you've said it, it's out there, forever, in the public domain and you can't take it back".

Unlike when dealing with the press, when you post on a forum or blog you can at least be your own editor - but once you hit that send button, it's out there. Surely we only have ourselves to blame if somebody chooses to quote back at us our own words and/or pictures.

pominpocket

Before the days of the internet, an experienced Public Relations pro once gave me a good piece of advice when dealing with the press - she said "consider carefully what you're prepared to say to a journalist because, once you've said it, it's out there, forever, in the public domain and you can't take it back".

Unlike when dealing with the press, when you post on a forum or blog you can at least be your own editor - but once you hit that send button, it's out there. Surely we only have ourselves to blame if somebody chooses to quote back at us our own words and/or pictures.

Absolutely not .

This is a market place thread. I took exception to a guy posting an unsolicited picture of my camera on my for sale thread. And myself and another member has reported him to the administer for this.

He then took the piss out of a perfectly practical camera case I had made and posted a picture of that as well.

Half the people here have no interest in buying my camera even if it were in pristine condition. They just want to chuck their comments in and have a go.

I have not regret about anything I have posted on this forum and have made fun of myself for doing a bad paint job.

What is this really about?

Its about me having a go at testing the market with a camera that I decided to paint black and then later stripped the black back to the metal.

Why is this such a big deal??????? Go out and take some pictures

Greyelm

Years ago I had a beat up old car and I still regard as one of my favourites. I wasn't worried about dings in the parking lot and I never worried about it being stolen. I just got in and drove it.

Pom now that he is keeping it has a camera that he can use & carry without worry which must be very liberating.

pominpocket

Years ago I had a beat up old car and I still regard as one of my favourites. I wasn't worried about dings in the parking lot and I never worried about it being stolen. I just got in and drove it.

Pom now that he is keeping it has a camera that he can use & carry without worry which must be very liberating.

Thank you for the positive feed back.

pominpocket

@EternalHope

True story, I was tapping that reply out on my phone while I was cooking dinner and my wife was saying "what's the hold up, man?" and I yelled "I'm trying to pick the right emoticon for this post on an Internet Forum about Cameras" and she laughed and laughed.

And then my daughter started laughing too, because she can't help herself when people are laughing.

I wish I could say this is the first time two ladies laughed at me like that, but I think we all know that's a big lie.

Well if I ever thought my treatment of my camera would hold up the dinner for your family I certainly would have left it as it was. And you wonder why they laugh?

SayantanDutta

@POM, A lovely and humorous post. Admit you really wrote it "in an amusing,self effacing way for the enjoyment of others." Heres a small biography of the X-E1 playing in the mind while reading your comments, in which the loved being took a Gulp each time it underwent those modifications. Loved reading all the posts :). Once I got the X-E1, my D300s and D700 became idle and are only resting. Your post reminded me to check how they are :)

pominpocket

@POM, A lovely and humorous post. Admit you really wrote it "in an amusing,self effacing way for the enjoyment of others." Heres a small biography of the X-E1 playing in the mind while reading your comments, in which the loved being took a Gulp each time it underwent those modifications. Loved reading all the posts

:)

. Once I got the X-E1, my D300s and D700 became idle and are only resting. Your post reminded me to check how they are

:)

Thank you for the nice comments. Yes I try and not take it all too seriously. The XE1 is in a box by my bedside and is lovingly looked after following the tar and feathering the poor thing has received. I also very much like the 35mm 1.4 that remains mounted on the camera and has not been subjected to painting or sanding.

pominpocket

The XE1 is now black and looking very good ( but not on my photos) its so stealthy now and uncomplicated.