Sign in to follow this  
HamishGill

X10 samples including RAW in difficult lit situation

HamishGill

Hi all ...

Thought this might be of interest to you guys here ...

I've been playing with an x10 a bit, although I'm not really into commenting on the images my self, I have posted a few thoughts on the camera and a few files for people to download and look at more closely should they wish...

http://www.realphotographersforum.com/content/472-fuji-x10-very-brief-hands-comments-sample-image-raw-downloads.html

Christopher

Thanks for sharing! I hope to have my X10 tomorrow afternoon, they just arrived in the US today.

HamishGill

No probs, I still feel a little cheeky posting links ... :/

Its not mine unfortunately... the benefits of having access to play in a shop freely ;)

I think you will like the camera...

the oddest thing is when you first you it to your eye and expect to see info in the vf... thats really the only disappointment for me! Other than that (something i dont think matters if you already have a x100 ;)) it does seem a fantastic camera!

the screen/functions the screen displays on the back is the same joy to use as the x100 screen/functions, the menu is familiar from x100 use ... and you have the bonus of zoom!

IQ seems pretty good too, especially for a camera its size... although like i said, im not really happy commenting on IQ from my snaps...

I think at lest fuji have created a properly compact camera worthy of superseding the f30/31! :)

Christopher

I do wish the viewfinder could have included some sort of digital data, even a classic style info banner at the bottom to confirm focus, show aperture and shutter speed, etc. I suspect I'll be using the back LCD a lot more frequently than I'm used to.

HamishGill

I think your probably right ...

I almost instantly found my self using the screen!

ah well ... x20 maybe ;)

Christopher

Yup, getting ready to cover the X10 on a more official level :)

I downloaded the RAW file, but of course nothing opens it yet. Presumably Fujifilm has bundled new RAW conversion software with the X10? Hopefully it doesn't take Adobe very long to add LightRoom support for the X10, ideally with a lens correction profile.

HamishGill

Yeah, I couldn't do anything with it either ... I figured some really keen folk might find it useful...

Silkypix? Is it called? I'd guess that will come with it? I'd imagine if you have that from your x100 you could get an update for it to work? I'm speculating here ... I'd left my Fuji box with the cd at te office before I went and got this shot so couldn't install when I got home ...

The next version of "camera raw" can't be far off ... That said, we can't be that far away from a new major version of LR...?

Am I to assume you will be doing a x10 review in due course? Your welcome to join my place and post a link if you do...