Sign in to follow this  
Bego

«Focus check» on the Pro1?

Bego

Am I missing it or the funtion called «Focus check» on the X100S, which automotically brings up the loupe in MF as soon as you touch the focus ring, does not exist on the X-Pro1?

Thanks.

veejaycee

Do you mean pressing and turning the control wheel on the back - also for focus peaking if enabled and set in the menu?

artuk

The X100s has the "split prism" effect manual focusing aid, which the X Pro does not have - though it does now have focus peaking and also the ability to enlarge the EVF to aid focusing.

Bego

Do you mean pressing and turning the control wheel on the back - also for focus peaking if enabled and set in the menu?

No, I mean automatically bringing up the magnifying loupe for MF when you start turning the focus ring, instead of having to press on the wheel to bring it up.

Bego

The X100s has the "split prism" effect manual focusing aid, which the X Pro does not have - though it does now have focus peaking and also the ability to enlarge the EVF to aid focusing.

Yes, but, please, see my reply to veejaycee

veejaycee

I'm not sure quite what you mean @Bego because I don't own the X100s to compare. However, the X-Pro1 predates the X100s by 18 months or more and only recently got the focus peaking through firmware update - the ability to magnify the viewfinder image through the control wheel was already there. That is is/was the only focusing aid on the XP1 so if you are looking for anything else I don't think you'll find it.

I'll download the X100s manual to see what you mean.

Vic

K1W1_Mk2

No, I mean automatically bringing up the magnifying loupe for MF when you start turning the focus ring, instead of having to press on the wheel to bring it up.

Does the X100s have this? I wasn't aware of that.

Edit:

Found it and I don't like it.

It appears that it shows the loupe view by default and you don't see the entire frame until you half press the shutter. I found it a little strange sort of like having a long telephoto lens on the camera.

veejaycee

In the setup menu "focus check" set to on.

The magnify view should be automatically engaged when you turn the focus ring. Default is off.

page 47 and 89 in the manual.

That is in on the X100s.

Not available on the XP1.

Bego

Edit:

It appears that it shows the loupe view by default and you don't see the entire frame until you half press the shutter. I found it a little strange sort of like having a long telephoto lens on the camera.

I find it convenient most of the times in that it saves you from having to call the loupe up yourself. When you have ageing eyes like me, it's a big help, as are focus peak highlight or split image focus.

Bego

Edit:

I find it convenient most of the times in that it saves you from having to call the loupe up yourself. When you have ageing eyes like me (what on earth did Fuji think of when they didn't provide us with a diopter corrector in the Pro1's VF?), it's a big help, as are focus peak highlight or split image focus.

Bego

Edit: