Sign in to follow this  
Zheng83

Will the next generation x100s be released soon?

ranger

"The truth doesn't change according to one's ability to stomach it."

Strangelove

Would it be possible or financially worthwhile for a new X100 to be the same size as it is now and full frame, and have small silver fast well crafted prime lenses? I hope not .

Don't worry, Pom. It's physically impossible. You can relax

Yes, it is possible in the same body and lens diameter!

If you haven't already I suggest you get a job as senior lens designer with Fuji. Someone able to build a 35mm f:2 with with FF coverage in the same physical size as a 23mm f:2 for APS-C is just what they need.

Ruler and calculator?

PhoTom

I think it's a bit sad that the computer industry mindset is becoming so dominant in photography. Instead of focusing on a really great camera like the X100s and spending time taking pictures and refining the art, we put off photography (the whole point!) and wait for the next great thing, which will be replaced by the next great thing, on and on.

Sometimes an upgrade is truly useful. The X100s fixed a lot of X100 problems. But it's a great camera. With proper care, it will make fine images for years. It's not an iPhone to be dumped eighteen months later when AT&T gives you a new free phone offer.

Think of the days when you bought a Nikon F or Leica M4 and used it for decades, producing masterful images.

Sigh!

True, though I still have my X100 and no desire to upgrade to an X100s.

+1

pominpocket

But science develops. Who knows what kind of sensor cameras will be using in 5 years

phrehdd

Fuji always had good ideas and I would love to see them go with a sensor that is at least 4x the size of the present one and a very sharp lens to match. The purpose would be to provide the "zoom" without anything happening to the lens but rather using a subset of the sensor and optimize for that portion being used. So the max telephoto might be 16 meg which would be as good as the present X100s but anything wider would be more pixels/megs. In a sense it does the crop for the photographer plus optimize at given focal length equivalents. The value is in handling lens imperfections and squeezing more out of the sensor as well. Just an idea. A good apo-chromatic lens would be awesome.

Albert

Would it be possible or financially worthwhile for a new X100 to be the same size as it is now and full frame, and have small silver fast well crafted prime lenses? I hope not .

Don't worry, Pom. It's physically impossible. You can relax

Yes, it is possible in the same body and lens diameter!

If you haven't already I suggest you get a job as senior lens designer with Fuji. Someone able to build a 35mm f:2 with with FF coverage in the same physical size as a 23mm f:2 for APS-C is just what they need.

Ruler and calculator?

Ruler and pair of compasses, yes. Calculator is an optional extra.

RodC14

I love my x100s for its simplicity and great IQ. I would only replace it when it has a tilt touch screen and further improvement in AF until then it's my constant companion.

Oh! and another Fn button please.