Sign in to follow this  
Christopher

Fujifilm X10 - A Brief Unboxing

Christopher

The highly anticipated Fujifilm X10 just hit US shores on Monday and they are quickly making their way into photographers hands. My Fuji X10 arrived this morning from B&H Photo, the 109th X10 to be made for North America! I know there are many others eagerly awaiting the arrival of their X10, so I thought I would share a very brief unboxing montage so everyone could see what's in the box.

Fujifilm X10 Box

Fujifilm X10 Unboxing

Fujifilm X10 Unboxing

Fuji X100 owners will notice the familiar camera strap, triangle rings, and lug protectors. The battery charger has improved over the X100's, a fold out plug is built into the back on North American models, no need to carry around a long power cord or adaptor. Of course the box also includes the usual X10 manual, warranty card, and Fujifilm's software.

niben

geardelicious :)

I am more looking into complementing my X100 with a "longzoom" compact, like a Sony HX9V. Looking forward to an review of this still.

mattmaber

The front looks a bit erm stark and almost unfinished. Especially the top above the textured grip.

Hows the viewfinder, it hasn't any info in it does it?

cosinaphile

christopher , im jealous got a email from adorama saying it s not shipping for me , enven though i preordered a month ago :-|

Christopher

@mattmaber, the viewfinder is big and bright like an entry level DSLR, it zooms with the lens very smoothly. Unfortunately I won't be using it much for my work, it's just not precise enough, only showing about 80% of the image frame. It doesn't offer any information, not even a focus confirmation light or center point focus indicator. It's disappointing, I found myself immediately using the back LCD, an unusual feeling for an X100 user. That's not to say others won't find it a pleasure to use, it just doesn't suit my shooting style. I think with some time I'll learn to utilize it more and just trust the auto focus, which is much faster and more accurate than the X100's.

Perhaps this makes me sound like I'm unhappy with it, which is not true, I just wish I could comfortably work through the viewfinder and treat it like a mini SLR. It's a very different class of camera than the X100, and each camera has its strengths, time, and place to be used. I am quite impressed with the image quality so far, its lowlight performance, and the lens bokeh. That said, while it's far from a DSLR replacement (and was never intended to be one), it may be good enough for me to sell my DSLR and lenses that I so rarely use these days, to supplement my X100.

@cosinaphile, I had a September 1st pre-order with Adorama as well, but I found B&H received one of the first shipments and had a few in stock, so I cancelled my Adorama order. Keep an eye out here on the forum for in stock info, I try to keep tabs on it for everyone!