Sign in to follow this  
snappuppy_mkii

For our Canadian friends - Deal on the X-T1 + Grip

snappuppy_mkii

This is a fantastic deal, a X-T1 and free grip for $1270 CAD. Add to basket and the grips added then.

http://www.dealsrunner.com/deals/fuji-x-t1--4

http://www.cameracanada.com/eNet-cart/product.asp?pid=600013401&aid=pprice&said=pp16402599

And for any UK members, read and weep. That's only £690. Even after import duty and VAT you'd still be saving a ton load of cash on the UK price.

FJC

That $1299 price at Aden is Canadian dollars? (It would be $1162 in US dollars if that's the case.)

Nutellaface

@FLC Yes, it is in Canadian dollars. Sorry, should have mentioned that. Not sure if Fuji would honour the warranty if bought from another country.

mguffin

I rolled the dice, and ordered from Henry's... $1162 USD with the Grip... It's like a new camera for a used price... $1548 US Retail price...

ishrios

I rolled the dice, and ordered from Henry's... $1162 USD with the Grip... It's like a new camera for a used price... $1548 US Retail price...

Did you order from the states?? If so what was the shipping cost?

mguffin

Yes...!!! $12.95 Expedited Shipping... no duties or taxes on photo equipment from Canada... Oh, Canada...!!

K1W1_Mk2

I asked about delivery to Aust and they said yes the deal applies . .

US$1162 = Aus$1300 near enough, add $50 for shipping (underestimate) = Aus$1350, get caught and have to pay $135 GST takes the total to AUS$1485.

ECS in Sydney are advertising pre orders at Aus$1550 admittedly without the grip but is the saving worth it to you?

It appears that the RRP is Australia has been set at Aus$1650.00

FJC

Apparently Canon and Nikon are fairly liberal with the warranties and just look at "North America" as a whole. Fuji says . . .

/What happens if I bought the camera in a different country from where I live?/

The normal policy is for the Service Centre in the country in which you live to repair the camera for you. Obviously, the Retailer or Web receipt will not be from your home country.

http://warranty.fujifilm-digital.com/terms/ca

FJC

I called Aden because I had an idea of going to Toronto to pick it up. The salesperson was so uninformed that it scared me off.

I went ahead and ordered from Harry's. Seems like a big enough chain that they'll manage it if I have any warranty issues.

Fingers crossed.

sgmcenroe

I pre-ordered from Aden. I am in South Dakota in the US. I figure if I ever need warranty work, it won't cost any more to ship it to Fuji-Canada in Ontario than it would to ship it to New York or California or whereever in the US.

Nutellaface

Anyone gotten a shipping notice yet on a Canadian order?

Not yet. I work 10 minutes from Aden. Fuji had their guys in to demo the camera on Friday. Aden said they should receive their first shipments this week.

Nutellaface

I called Aden because I had an idea of going to Toronto to pick it up. The salesperson was so uninformed that it scared me off.

I went ahead and ordered from Harry's. Seems like a big enough chain that they'll manage it if I have any warranty issues.

Fingers crossed.

I have been buying stuff from Aden since 2000 and never had a problem. They are usually well informed. Either way, both Henry's and Aden would be fine to order from. As was stated above, there is no duty on cameras and lenses (free trade and all that)