Sign in to follow this  
FJC

XF55-200

FJC

Damned if I can find a thread on this lens. (Both the site search and Google didn't return anything substantive.) If it's already been discussed, apologies.

My question is specific: the hood for this lens looks awful. It looks like it doubles the length. Anyone have any negative experiences *not* using the hood? Is the lens particularly susceptible to flare? I'm unclear why Fuji thought it needed a small house on the front of it, but I assume they had a reason.

ramso

I have this lens and never use the hood . . I have shot beach scenes in full sun and late afternoon . . I really have not had flare probs,but I never really shoot into the sun if I can help it, even with lenses that have a hood . . .

I agree it is ugly . . so dont use it . . but Im pretty sure people are not looking at you with the lens on your camera thinking . . thats one ugly mother lens hood dude . .

FJC

Very nice. Thanks. Has your opinion of the lens changed at all as you've used it more? Or are you still as happy as when you got it?

veejaycee

My opinion as to its excellence hasn't changed but where I said before that I don't consider it a lens for shooting distance or action I might now change my mind since the advent of the XT1 body with a viewfinder vastly superior to the EVF of my X-Pro1.

Vic

FJC

Lucky for me, there's a rumor that next week Fuji is going to repeat their lens sale from December. If it's $200 off, it'll be in my bag.