Sign in to follow this  
ramso

Pricing

ramso

Had a look at a few online stores... In Australia... This is going to be a pricey camera.

$1989.00 with the kit lens... think I will be getting this from Asia....

Lucky I already have lenses... I really want to see a full write up instead of the excuses for reviews

I have seen so far...

K1W1_Mk2

AFAIK Fuji Australia have not released an official price. The stores advertising are most likely thinking up a high number and attempting to lock in sales then they will reduce the sale price to match whatever the RRP is when the stock actually arrives. The problem they have in this situation is that they can't raise the price if they take a firm order so they usually err on the side of caution.

Buying from HK initially is unlikely to be any great saving because with in demand cameras the HK resellers being the astute business people they are keep their prices high until demand drops. On top of that you have to factor in the possibility that you will cop GST as the item is over $1000. It's unlikely but if you get caught it will cost you and you need to factor that into your calculations.

boulevardier

The true market value of a camera is decided after six to nine months on sale. That allows sufficient time for critical appraisals as well as puff pieces to shake down its place in the pecking order. If it excels in ways the market decide are useful, it'll stay close to its original price. If the camera is flawed, its price will drop to match cheaper cameras.

sweeze

What does true market value have to do with manufacturer's suggested retail price? :)

boulevardier

What does true market value have to do with manufacturer's suggested retail price?

:)

Manufacturer's RRP on launch is whatever they think they can get away with. The market decides whether than price was realistic or optimistic, as stores renew their orders, or make up a price that'll clear their shelves.

Larry

I really want to see a full write up instead of the excuses for reviews I have seen so far...

You have seen no excuses for reviews—only previews that describe the features of the camera. None!

Those who have access to pre-production cameras have an embargo against reviews until the actual camera is in production. If anyone actually wrote a review based upon a pre-production camera and published it, they would soon have their supply of cameras to review dry up.

Prior to the official announcement, everyone with access to equipment is under a strict NDA—non-disclosure agreement. This is common in a number of industries. I get access to software from Corel and Shade 3D long before it ships and I can say absolutely nothing about it, until it is actually available to customers.

When you read a rumour site, the information is almost certainly planted by the company itself, to pique interest in the upcoming announcement. As the announcement time draws closer, more and more details are posted. Five or six years ago, rumour sites were exactly that, and the rumours were often way off the mark. Now almost every detail of the X-T1 was known in advance. Clearly, both Fujifilm and Nikon do this, and I suspect the same is true of other brands. The idea is to keep potential customers hooked, and not going to a competitor's brand.

K1W1_Mk2

What does true market value have to do with manufacturer's suggested retail price?

:)

Classic case the original X100LE. Fuji tried to gouge the price big time and after 6 months or so when they were sitting on dealers shelves unsold the market price fell back into line with the standard silver X100 price in fact at one stage here in Australia you could buy X100LE cheaper than X100 because dealers just wanted to quit the stock.

@ramso

Check Vanbars web site. They are showing $1436 for the body and $1839 for the body + 18-55 lens.

Typically their pre release prices are on the high side of what the actual price is when the product arrives.

Crikey

Is Vanbars grey? They say their stuff has 1 year Australian warranty, but they don't seem to be listed by Fuji Au.

K1W1_Mk2

Vanbars are one of the oldest and most professional camera shops around and their prices tend to reflect that.

They are 100% legit.

If you ever get the chance to go in to their shop it's like an Aladins cave for photographers.

Crikey

If you ever get the chance to go in to their shop it's like an Aladins cave for photographers.

That's definitely worth a trip! And the surrounding area should be a good shooting venue too :)

ramso

I have pretty much decided this is the way I will go . .

This is the first official price I have received.

Thank you for registering your interest in the new Fujifilm X-T1. We have received pricing on the camera. Price is as follows.

Fujifilm X-T1 Body Only $1659 (Aust)

ramso

Digital Camera Warehouse....

I have purchased gear through them before... Always been happy.

You can register online or ring them 1300 365 220.

Unless the Aussie Dollar climbs, I think this will be an okay

price... usually delivery is free, or I pick it up.

Will wait to see if anything cheaper reveals itself

K1W1_Mk2

I have purchased 4 or 5 cameras from them and a couple of lenses. Their prices are not rock bottom but they are generally fair IMO.

ramso

I have also contacted the Canadian shop offering the deal with the grip to see if they would deliver to Aust... Might be worth a shot... Not so concerned about warranty probs, I prefer to use a local camera expert for repairs etc..

eggwah123

Had a look at a few online stores... In Australia... This is going to be a pricey camera.

$1989.00 with the kit lens... think I will be getting this from Asia....

Lucky I already have lenses... I really want to see a full write up instead of the excuses for reviews

I have seen so far...

eggwah123

I am in Australia too. Don't know what you are aiming at. But I think it is now a good time to buy, or buy one more, x-e1. Digidirect advertised the x-e1 with xf 18-55mm for A$699. This is a very good buy. There is not enough in improvements in the x-t1,IMHO, to justified such a price difference. I have been using the x-e1. The quality of the photo is amazing and the photo quality of the x-t1 is evolutionary, not revolutionary.