Sign in to follow this  
bashar

Xt-1 better iq thann XE-2.?.?!

bashar

Fuji AU says xt-1 has better IQ than the xe-2?! Same sensor, same processor.....

Link here

"If you are wondering what the difference is between the image quality between the Fujifilm X-E2 and X-T1 there is noticeable difference according to many professional photographers around the world"

#:-S

bashar

I got an xe-2 and I like it! I am getting the zoom lens soon. I just don't believe the internet hype anymore...

bashar

It's much faster than the xe-1 and less quirky. I still have the x-100 it's a different animal.

bashar

New one is a mini slr wannabe, I am sure there is a lot of fans out there. ..It's Fuji's attempt at speeding the autofocus.... It looks like an slr so it must focus like one... Sony has an alpha stuck in a cheap slr body too... This is the new generation of transvestite cameras, with split personalities. I mean focus... hahaha

ramso

I don't get why everyone is so anti the dslr thing . . I know I know . . you sold your dsler to scale down etc . . . but really, no one says the OMD looks bad or under performs . . well there's probably one somewhere, but really who cares. In twelve months time when this camera is given the credit it deserves and whatever firmware update it requires has solved the niggles it will have, and we are all going weak at the knees at the amazing IQ . . all that will be left to do is take amazing shots with it I hope. If it wasn't for Hype . . I would never sold my X100 for the X 100s . . or sold my dslrs for the X Pro . . . we all want the best camera available to serve our needs . .

The X -T1 is going to kick some major goals, in spite of all the people who don't like it.

boulevardier

I don't get why everyone is so anti the dslr thing

It's not anti-DSLR, it's anti-fake DSLR, and then only mildly in my case. Small DSLRs still have a lot going for them, the problem is marketing has pushed heavy, oversized, full frame 'pro' models as the thing to aspire to. The a7 and X-T1 have exploited the gap for people who are no longer willing to be a pack donkey just to take photographs, but are used to DSLR shaped cameras.

If DSLR manufacturers decided to go back to the OM1/ME style of miniaturisation, there'd be no need for these faux styling jobs with EVFs, but the pro brick is so ingrained as an archetype of camera desire, there's no requirement for companies to look down the lightweight route. My 550D with a pancake is hardly any bigger than many mirrorless cameras, and I don't envisage dropping it anytime soon.

mattmaber

I don't get why everyone is so anti the dslr thing . .

Yeah. I'm not sure where you're getting that from. I'm just more pro-rangefinder style than caring too much about the DSLR style.

I think Fuji are just trying to get in on some of the OM-D action and they summise (rightly or wrongly) that part of its success is familiarity. Good luck to them.

Who knows, the hump may be needed for wifi or whatnot.

pominpocket

Yes it is a fake SLR and will not do what an SLR will do as fast.

I like small SLRs. I liked my Nikon FG20 as it was palm -able.

But I like rangefinders as well and like the range finder style. So between this and the XE2 I like the look of the minimalist range finder styling on the XE2.

But as Bashar said cameras are tools no more and no less and a camera is just a light tight box in the end. It has a lens and a view finder (in some cases)and a sensor or film. And a shutter. You know like a hammer sort of .

mattmaber

It looks like an slr so it must focus like one...

You really think people think that?

I think it's a popular style because it's familiar.

mattmaber

Yes it is a fake SLR

Fake? Or just styled like? The x100 and x-pro1 aren't fake rangefinders, they just ape the styling.

And does it really matter?

bashar

Sony is targeting entry level slrs with the alpha3000, it's a mirrorless trapped in an slr body... I bet many innocent consumers are deceived by this cheap clown....

highres-Sony-Alpha-3000-14_1376992773.jp

flysurfer

"If you are wondering what the difference is between the image quality between the Fujifilm X-E2 and X-T1 there is noticeable difference according to many professional photographers around the world"

#:-S

Uh huh.

Would those professionals please step forward and identify themselves?

ramso

All I see when I look at the X T1 with its DSLR look is an awesome camera with room to put that reported amazing viewfinder . . I guess we are all really guessing as to just how this camera will perform, except for flysurfer of course . .

Fuji purists will hate it . . that is their own personal choice . . but with my already considerable investment in the Fuji brand, I see the XT as a progression or an evolution, It will never replace my X100s as my go everywhere camera, just add to my photographic tools . .

WilzWorkz7

Will be testing the T1 and then shoot along side Sony A7 and XE1 tomorrow during the media exposure and share the JPEGs for all to see.

Simon_W

Interesting thread - especially the comment about "fake DSLR"

Fuji are obviously aware of this observation because they have gone to some length on the X-T1 microsite to explain the presence of the pentaprism hump on a non pentaprism camera.

Apparently it contains a heat exchange system that radiates heat away from the imaging sensor and helps to minimise noise levels...

artuk

Will be testing the T1 and then shoot along side Sony A7 and XE1 tomorrow during the media exposure and share the JPEGs for all to see.

DPReview have their studio samples of the XT1 and when compared to the A7, it lacks fine detail. Noise wise given the A7s greater resolution, probably nothing in it. About what I would expect - the new 24mp sensor has generally proven to be excellent.

Any differences in XT1 imaging will be down to minor tweaks made by Sony to the latest generation of that sensor, and jpeg engine changes. Probably negligible...

andyfromboston

There's nothing wrong with "fake" SLRs. The shape lets Fuji put the EVF in the familiar above-the-LCD location and eliminate the awkward buttons directly under the finder that you get with the X-E2. So that addresses one of the common complaints about the Fuji line. The X-T1 is also said to be faster in several areas, which addresses another common complaint.

In other words, y'all ought to be happy about this release. But I guess that complaining about cameras on web sites is fun for some people?

I don't understand why a non rangefinder shaped camera is offensive. Fuji never promised to only make rangefinder shaped cameras.

pominpocket

There's nothing wrong with "fake" SLRs. The shape lets Fuji put the EVF in the familiar above-the-LCD location and eliminate the awkward buttons directly under the finder that you get with the X-E2. So that addresses one of the common complaints about the Fuji line. The X-T1 is also said to be faster in several areas, which addresses another common complaint.

In other words, y'all ought to be happy about this release. But I guess that complaining about cameras on web sites is fun for some people?

I don't understand why a non rangefinder shaped camera is offensive. Fuji never promised to only make rangefinder shaped cameras.

I never said it was offensive just fake.

I am sure it is a great camera especially the electronic view finder and speed.

My DF is proving hard to get I am tempted by this camera.

But I still prefer the shape of the Xpro 1 the best now and the X100 and x100s and XE1 come to think of it