Sign in to follow this  
jedbuchwald

x100 compared to my GH2

jedbuchwald

Got the x100 a week ago, and have not picked up the GH2 since. What a great camera, despite the odd firmware. But even that did not really get much in the way, though I'm learning how best to work. The OVF is really something. I switch often between manual and auto focus, with the AEL/AF button set to AF. It would be a bit easier if continuous AF were in the center of the slide switch since I often overshoot in switching to one shot AF. Otherwise I have had few difficulties, though it would be nice if Auto ISO were on the ISO menu.

Below is a URL to my mobile.me gallery for x100, taken the last couple of days in Pasadena, CA:

http://gallery.me.com/jedbuchwald?view=grid&sel=49#100807&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=49

Christopher

Welcome to the community @jedbuchwald! This photo of yours makes me happy: http://gallery.me.com/jedbuchwald?view=grid&sel=49#100807/_DSF0438&bgcolor=black

I've found myself using manual focus mode often, utilizing the AEL/AF button on the back to auto focus too. It's nice because you don't have to enable macro mode for close focus, though the OVF isn't as useful up close of course. Interesting thought on the focus switch, that would make things easier!

I'm really hoping Fuji will add the option to enable/disable Auto ISO from the regular ISO selection menu too.

The GH2 is still a really new camera, were you anticipating the X100 replacing it?

jedbuchwald

Well, I've had the GH2 for a few months, and so far I'm keeping it, mostly for wide angle and telephoto -- I have a 7-14 and a 100-300. It's a very nice camera, reasonably small (I replaced a Sony A900 with it). BUt I really do not like dragging around a system and changing lenses, so I'll just see whether the GH2 does get used or not. We go to Berlin enxt September, and I will take both the GH2 and the x100. Next week we go to Colombia and will take just the x100 along to see how that goes.

Mule

Nice collection of photos. I enjoyed every one. They are all very nice. Thanks.