Sign in to follow this  
VietQuocNhan

X100 Sticky Aperture

emilsall

Sent my camera away 8 days ago, today I got an email that they had forwarded it to Fuji for further inspection and "will get back to me with a statement in 21 days" :-O

ippai

Ive bought a x100 from ebay serial number 13n. totally unaware of the sab problem when i brought it. taken about 60 pics so far no problems as of yet. The seller doesn't have the receipt anymore, so my questions is : has anybody been able to to have one repaired without a receipt?

Cheers

Bokehmon

Cheers gafer. Slight change pf plan as it wasn;t under 30 day exchange warranty, so have to go direct to Fuji (it will be quicker)

Ippai, Have you registered your camera on the fuji website? http://warranty.fujifilm-digital.com/

They have responded to my request for repair as follows:"Please provide us with your name, address, contact number, date of purchase, camera model and serial number and we will register the camera for a repair and send out pre-paid packaging." No mention of needing a receipt. Do you know when it was purchased?

ippai

Cheers Bokehmon, Ive contacted then seller to find out. No SAB so far! But twice Ive had a message when turning the camera on to turn it off and try again. Anybody had that happen?

michael_christopher

Just got my X100 back....SAB Problem....

I bought it online in Hong Kong (I'm in Australia) Lost my warranty card, Lost my receipt....

All I had was an ebay Receipt that I printed out.....

Got my camera back in 7 Days, Repaired.....

Fuji Australia were excellent about the whole thing.

As long as you can prove You bought it, you should be fine.....

:)

ippai

Thanks for the reply Michael. I didnt buy from a shop on ebay but off a private seller , would that make a difference?

Manveru

@michael_christopher That is very comforting to know as I'm in Australia as well! :)

mharkus

I bought my x100 almost 1 year ago and just recently discovered that it suffers from SAB too! So I called Fuji Singapore and returned it back this morning. They said it will take 2-3 weeks to repair it.

sweep77

Bought mine only a few months ago and it's already got SAB. Happened while traveling overseas as well so not happy. I'll see what fuji says when I send it back in. Thought I'd get more than a few months out of it especially as I was told it was new stock and figured it would have the newer lens assembly in it. Serial number 13m...

hdahl100

Bought a 21Mxxxxx in june. Has anyone of you had issues with those serial nrs?

yzhu

I just got mine back from Fuji to fix the SAB. It said has lens assembly replaced. Quick test still show the same problem. call them again, they will send me the shipping label to have X100 send back to them. I guess I will see what happen next.

My serial number starts 12A

jcc

long history/postings here but i just discovered the same after 12 months. spoke to Fuji and if the serial number does not have an A letter, it's a gray market product from over seas /makes sense since i bought from Amazon and the third party source WallStreetPhoto doesn't exist / a scam - so im stuck now and will have to send to Fuji for $650 fix. they are the only ones in the US that can fix it. unless you bought it overseas and can send them the receipt you're out also. Fuji will stand by it even if its 3 months over the 1 yr. warranty / but you must have a serial number starting with letter A 'XXAXXXX'

mattmaber

@jcc, do you have any come back with Amazon? or if you bought it on a credit card can you get them to sort it?

Looking at reviews of WallStreetPhoto they sound terrible, but hindsight is 20/20. Yours working for a year sounds good by WallStreetPhoto standards