Sign in to follow this  
Greku69

18mm and X pro1 problem

Greku69

hi guys

I been using x pro1 for few month now with FD 28mm lens and this was great... just yesterday I purchase fuji 18mm lens and I got all sorts of problems...first it was not working when try in the shop (no focus)but then after swapping with another lens (35 1.4) all work fine... so I connect another 18mm and it was fine, so after that I put the firs 18mm on a body and was fine... looks like dirty connectors. after using the lens for few hours it stop focusing again, display show F0 and I can't take any picture also yesterday when I power camera display was flashing black and grey until camera was turn off...

I don't know if the is problem with camera or lens? camera was new when I get it and all lens I try yesterday was second hand ...

any ideas guys ? thanks for any help

veejaycee

Make sure the contacts are clean of preservative and also try turning the lens a back and forwards little on the body.

K1W1_Mk2

Is the camera AND lens firmware up to date?

Have to changed the camera menu setting back to tell it it is using a Fuji lens and not "no lens" or whatever the setting for non Fuji lenses is?

Whenever I have had a F0 error before (on a Nikon) it's been because the lens was not properly seated on the body and the contacts were not making the appropriate connections.

If the problem persists I would be going back to the shop with the lens and looking for a replacement/refund.

Greku69

Hi

Firmware on body and lens is the newest... I clean contacts and take the lens of the camera and then put it back but nothing was helping... But just yesterday I turn it on and was fine so i turn it off and when i was check it this morning it was not working again...

But thanks guys for your help Im on my way to the shop now, I will try to get replacement.

Greku69

So the lens is ok we try other in the shop and some of them was working and some not... And all of them works on different body. I book repair from fuji will see what they say.

Greku69

Hi guys

so the camera was in fuji repair centre twice. firs time they say nothing is wrong but when I receive back it was still not working. so the second time I send them camera with lens and after long wait is back and performing like never before... they replace sensor, that what they say...