X100S Wow

adam

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough of the poor pominpocket drivel. "pominpocket" is far from innocent, and in fact is an instigator of much of the trash talk that goes on here, so let's not suddenly crown him Mr Naivete. The constant Df stuff becomes irritating -- this is, after all, a Fuji forum. K1W1 obviously had had enough. To then have 5 or 6 very occasional contributors go after the messenger is a bit ironic.

One: What is this? A tribunal? Two: Is it forbidden to mention another brand than Fuji here? Three: Do you have to be an old seasoned poster to have the right to criticize, and after how many posts do you attain this high position? Four: And what if not posting very often was precisely due to the fact that this forum seems to be ruled by some quite unfriendly persons?

Enough of the poor pominpocket drivel. "pominpocket" is far from innocent, and in fact is an instigator of much of the trash talk that goes on here, so let's not suddenly crown him Mr Naivete. The constant Df stuff becomes irritating -- this is, after all, a Fuji forum. K1W1 obviously had had enough. To then have 5 or 6 very occasional contributors go after the messenger is a bit ironic.

One: What is this? A tribunal? Two: Is it forbidden to mention another brand than Fuji here? Three: Do you have to be an old seasoned poster to have the right to criticize, and after how many posts do you attain this high position? Four: And what if not posting very often was precisely due to the fact that this forum seems to be ruled by some quite unfriendly persons?

+20

A+

Ist class degree with honours and Fuji medal

So, back on topic.....

Adam,

have you had a chance in the past 7 days to shoot any more with the X100s? How are you feeling about it now?

Rather interesting how polarized the convo/thread becomes when some of us are posters on multiple threads and forum sites. K1W1's posts from various threads are (in my opinion) valued comments and often constructive with both info and backed by experience. As for the Nikon reference I'll ignore and let it fall on DF ears so to speak.

K1W1 is definitely one of the regular, and valued, posters here. Great depth of knowledge, and willingness--w/ sound technical suggestions--to help anyone... Ironic that he gets (obviously) peeved with someone's comments and is so quickly castigated.

There are times when we all need to take a deep breath (myself included). Regardless of egos, we're all largely here to exchange knowledge and provide help. Yeah, I know: Perspective on internet forums is a rare commodity. Nevertheless, every so often we need to regroup and put on our best manners.

G

Thank you all for your considered comments. I absolutely love the X100s.

Great to hear it, although I had little doubt you'd like it very much. Such a great camera.

I had a request to take a picture of two musicians today. One was my brother in law.

I took two cameras. One was the X100S. As I took pictures I let them chimp at them. They loved the pics from the X100S so much more than the other camera that I stopped using it .

Also the other camera did not even have a flash and was heavy and bulky and only had a 50mm lens .

The X100S really is a winner

I had a request to take a picture of two musicians today. One was my brother in law.

I took two cameras. One was the X100S. As I took pictures I let them chimp at them. They loved the pics from the X100S so much more than the other camera that I stopped using it .

Also the other camera did not even have a flash and was heavy and bulky and only had a 50mm lens .

I really wonder what this «other camera» might be.

Hi Folks,

I seldom post here and only on one previous thread. I have nothing against any other forum users here though i read alot and seen the pretty and ugly sides of many threads. I really enjoy the information here by many of you and sharing experiences from different parts of the world. I hope everyone keeps it(Peace) this way and less the hate. Im 100% agree in unison with other users whom mentioned we all should provide constructive comments and not the un-constructive ones.

Hi Folks,

I seldom post here and only on one previous thread. I have nothing against any other forum users here though i read alot and seen the pretty and ugly sides of many threads. I really enjoy the information here by many of you and sharing experiences from different parts of the world. I hope everyone keeps it(Peace) this way and less the hate. Im 100% agree in unison with other users whom mentioned we all should provide constructive comments and not the un-constructive ones.

But fighting's fun. That's why siblings do it.

Hi Folks,

But fighting's fun. That's why siblings do it.

Just so long as there is no hitting below the belt and no foul language, IMHO.

I took two cameras. One was the X100S. As I took pictures I let them chimp at them. They loved the pics from the X100S so much more than the other camera that I stopped using it

The X100S is small and perfectly formed and its not the size its what you do with it .

The other is a phallic monster of a thing and should never be let out in day light .

I took two cameras. One was the X100S. As I took pictures I let them chimp at them. They loved the pics from the X100S so much more than the other camera that I stopped using it

The X100S is small and perfectly formed and its not the size its what you do with it .

The other is a phallic monster of a thing and should never be let out in day light .

Nor even mentioned on some photo forums, I guess.

I own the XE2 with multiple lenses…but I can't wait to get a hold of the x100s as my second camera to carry around for quick street photography. I love the leaf shutter and OVF that comes with it. Plus the silent shutter to really get close up to my subjects that makes it a winner.

I'm with Kiwi on this. It wouldn't be so bad if any of pom's posts had any value. But they don't, and he seems inordinately proud of his ability to walk into a camera shop and buy a DF. Not interested, not relevant, just shut up about it

Maybe there needs to be a frequently unasked questions thread for some of his more poignant posts.

A "greatest hits", if you will, with answers to such burning questions as where his X10 is? And what about that time he saw he saw a Leica at a coffee shop and couldn't bring himself to talk to the guy that carried it?

Let us not ever forget the experimental painting project that went horribly sideways, and the schadenfreude of watching helplessly as the painful process of adult-onset gear acquisition syndrome sets in.

The "models" of rural Cambodia, his career as a Fine Art Photographer, delightful British slang and did you know there are many people riding mopeds in Cambodia?

I wonder if he has an uncle that is sending him lenses; or maybe he will buy them in the shop. Did you know he has a local shop with reasonable prices? Maybe he should get the X-E2. Or the X-E3. When do you think that will be coming out?

Posting the greatest hits cannot happen soon enough. We should then petition Christopher to pin the thread so if when any one of us is having a slow (or low) day, we know where to turn for endless laughs.

Archived