X100S Wow

adam

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with Kiwi on this. It wouldn't be so bad if any of pom's posts had any value. But they don't, and he seems inordinately proud of his ability to walk into a camera shop and buy a DF. Not interested, not relevant, just shut up about it

How rude is that?

The fact the Nikon Df is a retro camera and so is the Fuji links the two of them together.

I would have liked a mirror less range finder style Nikon and there are at least 190 comments on a thread I started on this subject. So this illustrates there is an interest as there is with the Sony gadgets. Many people use a DSLR. I merely replaced an aging D7000 with the DF . To do this I handicapped my spending power to buy more Fuji lenses .

Its not like it is some kind of boast. I should mention another guy got all sorts of negative comments over the DF when he bought it. But I get negative comments when I praise the X100S over the DF.

Shall we have rules we can not mention other cameras we own?

I say you take your fly blown comments somewhere else .

Maybe there needs to be a frequently unasked questions thread for some of his more poignant posts.

A "greatest hits", if you will, with answers to such burning questions as where his X10 is? And what about that time he saw he saw a Leica at a coffee shop and couldn't bring himself to talk to the guy that carried it?

Let us not ever forget the experimental painting project that went horribly sideways, and the schadenfreude of watching helplessly as the painful process of adult-onset gear acquisition syndrome sets in.

The "models" of rural Cambodia, his career as a Fine Art Photographer, delightful British slang and did you know there are many people riding mopeds in Cambodia?

I wonder if he has an uncle that is sending him lenses; or maybe he will buy them in the shop. Did you know he has a local shop with reasonable prices? Maybe he should get the X-E2. Or the X-E3. When do you think that will be coming out?

Great .

I share a bit of my life on a forum as we all do with a lot more honesty than most and you take the piss. I join in and add little antidotes the same as any one else and I buy the odd camera.

That is because I actually make a living from photography.

That my pictures of people riding mopeds in Cambodia alone has made enough money for the XE2 and several lenses .

I am happy to ignore this entire forum if you like Squeeze. Who ever you are.

If you do not like enthusiasm and blog like comments I am happy to shut up right now .

Great .

I share a bit of my life on a forum as we all do with a lot more honesty than most and you take the piss. I join in and add little antidotes the same as any one else and I buy the odd camera.

That is because I actually make a living from photography.

That my pictures of people riding mopeds in Cambodia alone has made enough money for the XE2 and several lenses .

If you do not like enthusiasm and blog like comments I am happy to shut up right now .

Couldn't have done it better myself. Classic Pom.

If only that were true...

I join in and add little antidotes the same as any one else and I buy the odd camera.

I didn't realise there was an antidote to all this - can you send me one please?

I join in and add little antidotes the same as any one else and I buy the odd camera.

I didn't realise there was an antidote to all this - can you send me one please?

Try looking at some of my threads and you might find one .

And a few spelling mistakes

If only that were true...

Nobody is actually asking you flyblown .

I have never even seen you on this forum . You do not need to read my crap bty

I assume flyblown is a pathetic attempt at a pun on my name. Very poor. You said you would be happy to stop posting. You obviously lied. Shame. You don't seem to realise the amount of piss being taken out of you. You're right, I don't need to read your crap, I'll just add you to FPC in my ignore list. Please continue to post about your DF in full knowledge I won't be reading it :-)

I can assure you that pom will never, ever stop posting. The best part has to be that the constant repetitive posts that I can recall are somehow an indication that he's memorable for anything other than incessant shitposting.

I can assure you that pom will never, ever stop posting. The best part has to be that the constant repetitive posts that I can recall are somehow an indication that he's memorable for anything other than incessant shitposting.

You are entitled to your opinion. But luckily not every one feels the same way.

I have friends on this forum and by the looks of it some not so friendly people.

I am not a stirrer but have defended myself when attacked simply for owning buying or voicing an opinion.

I think should look at what they write and how it changes and how they contradict them selves.

You are entitled to your opinion. But luckily not every one feels the same way.

I have friends on this forum and by the looks of it some not so friendly people.

I am not a stirrer but have defended myself when attacked simply for owning, buying or voicing an opinion.

I think some people should look at what they write and how it changes and how they contradict them selves as the threads unravel

Having said that I will stop posting when I feel this forum has reached the mentality a cyber bullying mentality at that and has sunk to the level of some of the other forums.

Mr squeeze once said he was late in cooking his wives supper as he was searching for a knife to cut a snide little comment but just could not find the right one just then.

Now he has called my contribution to this forum as incessant shit posting . What provoked that I wonder? Because I took a DF on holiday and compared it with the X100S? Because I told the story of my uncle handing me his Leica M3 and my experience using the lenses?

Because I found a camera shop that sold the DF 1000 dollars cheaper than in the USA?

Because I was amazed at a 20 year old with a Leica 240 which he placed upside down on a table?

Archived