X100S Wow

adam

I today received my X100S.

I used to have an X100 and sold it , something I regret.

I then used a Sony RX100 but found it an ergonomic nightmare and I wasn't that happy with the resulting files having come from the X100.

I have taken a few test shots today with the X100S and I am blown away by the quality of the files. Rich, colourful, great depth and sharpness. Fuji I applaud you.

Can't wait to venture into the countryside with it - Guess i'll need to buy spare batteries.

Adam.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Nikon DF and fuji x100s here in UK

I am on holiday and will be putting the DF in its bag and using the X100s The former is too bulky and heavy . Sorry Nikon

@pomimpocket. In what way is telling us all for the 3000th time that you own a Nikon Df anyway relevant to this thread?

All I can assume is that you believe the Df is some sort of phallis and think that people will ooh and ah about the size of it

Lets do a deal. You stop mentioning in every second post you make that you own a Df and I'll stop pouring shit on you about the fact you can't shut up about it.

K1W1_Mk2 - I think you are over reacting and your language is unnecessarily negative. Taking pominpocket's comment at face value, he was merely highlighting how practical the 100s is a holiday camera, particularly when he has another camera which he highly regards, but finds that it is not suitable to use in this particular situation.

K1W1_Mk2 - I think you are over reacting and your language is unnecessarily negative. Taking pominpocket's comment at face value, he was merely highlighting how practical the 100s is a holiday camera, particularly when he has another camera which he highly regards, but finds that it is not suitable to use in this particular situation.

+ 1

@kiwi_mk2 It's not all about you, you know. He's telling the OP he has a DF in the context of praising the X100 as there are situations where he prefers his X100 over the DF. He is not assuming that the OP reads every thread and post and therefore might not know he has a DF.

@pomimpocket. In what way is telling us all for the 3000th time that you own a Nikon Df anyway relevant to this thread?

All I can assume is that you believe the Df is some sort of phallis and think that people will ooh and ah about the size of it

Lets do a deal. You stop mentioning in every second post you make that you own a Df and I'll stop pouring shit on you about the fact you can't shut up about it.

You were the one asking me if I had a DF and I politely replied. You also tried to scorn me in another thread over a question I answered.

You just try and knock everything I say simply because you have some kind of grudge against me for your own reasons .

This is a 100S thread

What are you talking about? Why do you mention Phallis ?

You can pour as much shit on me as you like but you just make your self look like a fool and you are a fool.

And your aggressive hostile tone is drawing attention to your self .

Really you have over stepped the mark you Australian jumped up Kiwee. In the other thread I mentioned that a guy might receive flak as he called the mirrorless Fuji system a gimmick even this caused a personal attack on me.

I never knew that my original post would cause so much angst. It is unnecessary. I agree that the gentleman was stating ownership of the DF so as to praise the X100S.

Peace and good will to all.

Forums like this are a great place to visit to engage in learning, the sharing of ideas and opinions, the experience of others, looking for help when you get stuck or trying to make that sensible decision whilst trying to fend off GAS.

Recently though, on too many occasions, I've had the misfortune of running into threads like this where one person, (the same person in fact) in particular displays arrogance and pure bad attitude towards others. It makes for pitiful reading.

Many years ago in my teenage years, I heard the comment "the best part of you ran down your mothers leg" and I've met a few whom that comment could aptly be aimed at.

I enjoy my visits here and I would like to keep it that way. Derogatory comments like those displayed above aimed at innocent and fellow forum members are simply not acceptable. I'm sure everyone will agree that positive, helpful and knowledgeable contributions are what we are all looking for, particularly those either new to the Fuji X system or just photography in general.

May I suggest you either clean your mind and your attitude or simply go elsewhere.

Oh...and by the way Adam, enjoy that new X100s. Its a mean piece of kit which I'm sure will give you thousand of hours of pure pleasure just as a Nikon Df will too if you own one of those.

As you rightly say.....peace and goodwill to all.

Many years ago in my teenage years, I heard the comment "the best part of you ran down your mothers leg" and I've met a few whom that comment could aptly be aimed at.

Regardless of whether I agree with you (and I don't wholly), I thought that was a great turn of phrase - but my wife thinks you're G-R-O-S-S! :)

There is a split personality above never mind the dribbling down the mothers leg bit. Or the constant drivel we are all subjected to .

I would have liked to have compared and contrasted my 2 unmentionable camera choices on my trip here to the UK but will not bother. I might get the bucket of shit poured on me.

There is a split personality above never mind the dribbling down the mothers leg bit. Or the constant drivel we are all subjected to .

I would have liked to have compared and contrasted my 2 unmentionable camera choices on my trip here to the UK but will not bother. I might get the bucket of shit poured on me.

Go for it! As 'Del Boy' is always saying, 'he who dares Rodney, he who dares!'

;-)

Viv

Enough of the poor pominpocket drivel. "pominpocket" is far from innocent, and in fact is an instigator of much of the trash talk that goes on here, so let's not suddenly crown him Mr Naivete. The constant Df stuff becomes irritating -- this is, after all, a Fuji forum. K1W1 obviously had had enough. To then have 5 or 6 very occasional contributors go after the messenger is a bit ironic.

Enough of the poor pominpocket drivel. "pominpocket" is far from innocent, and in fact is an instigator of much of the trash talk that goes on here, so let's not suddenly crown him Mr Naivete. The constant Df stuff becomes irritating -- this is, after all, a Fuji forum. K1W1 obviously had had enough. To then have 5 or 6 very occasional contributors go after the messenger is a bit ironic.

+1

The fact is I have not posted endless comments on the DF. Many many comments and many many threads are about people who ditch the DSLR and then go into Fuji and mirrorless. I posted a small comment about how I preferred using the X100S over the DF. Then I got a certain person abusing me. I did start a thread about the the up and coming retro camera that actually turned out to be the DF and it got a lot of interest. Apart from that

Also it does not matter if other commentators only post occasionally . Their points are as valid as the clique people who gang up together on this forum.

A troll is a troll.

I can also hand out dirt if need be but I do not purposely wind people up and insult them. I also try and stick to the point

+1. This forum can be so harsh and rude sometimes, God knows why. I couldn't care less that K1Wi1 don't give a darn that pominpocket has a Df. Thee is something vey suspicious to the way some people start to yell at the mere mention of the Df. Is this some kind of disease?

Well, I had A NIKON DF. I don't anymore, for financial reasons, but as soon as I can, I will get A NIKON DF AGAIN.

There.

Deleted by poster.

Well, I had A NIKON DF. I don't anymore, for financial reasons, but as soon as I can, I will get A NIKON DF AGAIN.

I have a D4 with 200-400 f/4.

So there, and there!

(And in a few minutes I go out with just X100s…)

Archived