Sign in to follow this  
bleeblu

Composite Shooting on the X10

bleeblu

So I put the camera on EXR mode. It is set to automatically choose what setting to use that best fits the picture (night, composite, etc). How do I get to choose composite? Sometimes I prefer them over the night mode but it hit or miss depending on the lighting.

aostling

There is no "composite" mode, at least not on p. 29 of the manual. Where did you find that terminology?

lsl7994

I think maybe he is talking about advanced anti-blur, which take a series of exposures and combine them together. (p.29 and 86)

aostling

I think you are right, and the OP's question is a good one.

Apparently we cannot choose to shoot in Advanced Anti Blur – it appears to be something that will be available only for certain subjects, in which case it will be selected as long as you are in EXR auto mode.

lsl7994

That's right. EXR auto mode is supposed to be a "fool-proof"/intelligent mode, where it will determine the right way to take a good photo.

The other option will be using Pro Low-light mode available in Advanced mode. It will do similar thing like advanced anti-blur. :)

bleeblu

Ah. On my camera it says "Composite Shooting" when the lighting allows it. But yes, it is where it captures a series of images and combines them together. The look much better than the Night shots.