swenlee

How to transfer images from internal camera memory to the SDHC Card?

swenlee

I have some images in the internal camera memory. How do I transfer them to the SDHC Card?

pominpocket

I managed to do this the other day but for the life of me can't do it now. Guess I had better look in the instructions but I left them on a bus

Owtafocus

What camera has internal file storage memory that is not on the card?

pominpocket

X100S to begin with .

I have often left my card at home and was able to take about 10 photos with internal memory. I then plugged the cable in to my computer and dragged them to my desk top. But the other day I managed to transfer them to my card . I will try again and inform later.

veejaycee

If nothing else you can upload them from internal memory to PC then load from PC to card via card reader.

K1W1_Mk2

This is how to do it on the X100s

Push the arrow button to display a picture taken on the LCD even if there are no pictures on the card

Push the menu button

Select tab 2 then the option to Copy

Select internal memory to card

Select Frame or all Frames

On the X10 it is similar

Select the arrow button to view a picture taken

Push the menu button

In the first tab scroll down to Copy

Select to copy card to camera or camera to card

I suspect that the X20 will be closer to the X100s in the way the menus align but the basic principle is the same. The trick is to be in image viewing screen then push the menu button.

swenlee

yes, it works. I connect my camera to the pc via USB and downloaded all the photos. Thank you for your help.

If nothing else you can upload them from internal memory to PC then load from PC to card via card reader.

swenlee

X20 menu has no copy button. I manage to solve the problem. Thank you.

This is how to do it on the X100s

Push the arrow button to display a picture taken on the LCD even if there are no pictures on the card

Push the menu button

Select tab 2 then the option to Copy

Select internal memory to card

Select Frame or all Frames

On the X10 it is similar

Select the arrow button to view a picture taken

Push the menu button

In the first tab scroll down to Copy

Select to copy card to camera or camera to card

I suspect that the X20 will be closer to the X100s in the way the menus align but the basic principle is the same. The trick is to be in image viewing screen then push the menu button.

K1W1_Mk2

According to the owners manual it does and you use a procedure essentially the same as I outlined above,

Page 104 of the manual if you care to look.

swenlee

Yes, I saw pg104 but when i press the payback menu , I cannot find the copy. May I know where is it?

According to the owners manual it does and you use a procedure essentially the same as I outlined above,

Page 104 of the manual if you care to look.

K1W1_Mk2

If it's like other Fuji camera press the playback arrow then press the menu button.

swenlee

Brilliant. I found the copy option. This is my first fujifilm camera so I am unfamiliar with the buttons. I thank you for your help. You are a kind soul.

If it's like other Fuji camera press the playback arrow then press the menu button.

MarcoB

Here is how you copy photos from the camera memory to the SD card.

a) Turn on your X20, on the back of the camera, look at left side and you will see the Playback button. Press it to enter the Playback mode.

B) Press the Menu button to show the Playback Menu (green tab), turn the wheel to the right until you see the Copy option. Select and click on the Copy.

c) Select to copy from camera memory to sd card or the other way around.

d) Select the images you want to copy.

Hope it is clear now. Just a reminder, all this instructions and many more are in the Owner's Manual. If you don't have the Owner's Manual you can find it at the Fujifilm X site.

Partha

Thank you K1W1_Mk2. I was looking for the solution to copy from internal memory to card and you pointed it out. I lost the 'usb' cable and no standard cable fits.

foodforthabees

How can I do this on my x10 when I am not able to view the photos only saved to internal memory in playback menu (becase sd card is inserted)?

K1W1_Mk2
6 hours ago, foodforthabees said:

How can I do this on my x10 when I am not able to view the photos only saved to internal memory in playback menu (becase sd card is inserted)?

See my post further up about how to do it with the X100. From memory the X10 works the same way.

If not the user manual for the X10 is available on line from Fuji and the procedure is explained in that.

foodforthabees

Im not able to see the photo I need to transfer when my SD card is in... 

K1W1_Mk2
8 hours ago, foodforthabees said:

Im not able to see the photo I need to transfer when my SD card is in... 

That is correct you can't. If you take the card out and push the playback menu you can see the images on the internal menu.

These are the instructions to copy from the internal memory to a card of a X10 as written in the user manual

1. Select Copy in the playback menu

2. Highlight the option you want to use (Internal memory to card or card to internal memory)

3. Select either Frame or All Frames depending on whether you want to copy individual images or all of them.

The camera will copy the images selected to the card.

foodforthabees

Nobody seems to fully understand-

I can only view the photo when the SD Card is out. However, I cannot Copy the photo to the SD Card when the SD Card is out. 

K1W1_Mk2

Follow the instructions I posted it is a very simple process. NO you cannot see the photos with the card in BUT YOU CAN copy them to the card and once they are ON THE CARD you CAN SEE the photos. 

If you are not prepared to even try following the instructions I posted above which are plainly written in the owners manual you have a copy of or can access on the web then I am no longer prepared to assist you,

You are on you own.

urph
On 5/2/2017 at 5:04 PM, K1W1_Mk2 said:

Follow the instructions I posted it is a very simple process. NO you cannot see the photos with the card in BUT YOU CAN copy them to the card and once they are ON THE CARD you CAN SEE the photos. 

If you are not prepared to even try following the instructions I posted above which are plainly written in the owners manual you have a copy of or can access on the web then I am no longer prepared to assist you,

You are on you own.

I had the same problem.   Kiwi's a little cranky but his / her advice will work.  Here's another work around:

Foodforthabees is correct when they said you cannot view the images saved on internal memory when there is a card in the camera.   You can only view the internal memory images when there is NOT a card in the camera.   Without a card installed you CAN see the internal memory images, but if you try to COPY, it says "No SD Card Installed!".  An obvious bug / catch 22 that I hope  Fuji fixed on subsequent cameras. 

I'm a Mac person, so PC people will have to modify.

With camera OFF and without any memory card installed, connect to computer via USB cable that came with the camera (connect directly to the computer - not the keyboard or an external hub)

Don't turn the camera on.  Just press the play button (green arrow)

On your computer, open "Image Capture" application ( it comes with all Macs - located in Applications folder)

Within the Image Capture application, select Fuji X10  in sidebar, select the images, and click Import

You can also check off the option to "delete after import" to clear the images from the camera memory.

If you're on a PC you could also use the Fuji software that came with the camera to import the images, but you'll need to attach the camera as mentioned above. 

Good luck!